Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
This installation was finicky. Everything has to line up, keep the screws loose all around while you fit pieces in place. It was kind of a pain in the ass but well worth it. I rarely scrape the road anymore. We have speed humps all throughout our neighborhood. They cause me no trouble. I even feel MPGs might have improved.

Keep in mind that the panel reflects the ground below. It may appear odd in some places. There are no signs of damage in the past 1,000 miles nor any signs of heat damage.

I present to you... PICTURES!

20190131_114341.jpg 20190131_114342.jpg 20190131_114344.jpg 20190131_114346.jpg 20190131_114350.jpg 20190131_114352.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looks great - it looks like the cover over the oil drain plug is bolted on - is this the case, and how easy is removal for oil changes?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Merely stainless steel screws. To work one of those access panels, you only need to remove 1 screw, and loosen the other allowing you to slide the door out of the way.

Reactions: PBMTMD

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey, no problem. Sorry it took so long to post images. Keep in mind, you cannot install this panel with the car on the ground. You are going to need your front end jacked up high or put the whole car on a lift which is what I did (I have a place where you can rent a bay with a lift), otherwise you will go insane with fitment.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Reactions: Killraven

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Apologies on reviving an older thread, but does anyone know what the hardware is that attaches the lower shield (circled image below)? Either part number or can tell me the size? 10 mm socket fits it, but it has an integral washer.

DartBellyPan1-1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do it one better. The OE pieces hang way down at the radiator support. The one I designed sits a little closer, and is made of very durable polycarbonate. The belly pan (the large, more rectangular piece) has aluminum reinforcements at some of the attaching points. All OE attachment points are used, and new hardware is included. Also, we make 'em in clear and white, in addition to black, if you want to see what's up in there from underneath or just hide LEDs in there to shine down like we did with our project car.

As you get it - 2 pieces w/ doors for oil plug and (2.0/2.4 only) oil filter. Integrated aluminum louvered heat shield, just like the stock piece, too.

Installed on Speedy G, our project car (BrightWhite, with amber LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs)

·
Registered
417 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts