Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my underbody Shield was hanging down from when the previous owner must have snagged something. Some of the bolts were missing and it was worn out. I removed it and left the front Bumper Lower Shield. Do I need to replace the underbody Shield or will everything be ok as far as the undercarriage?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Everything will be fine. You might lose a bit of MPG since it changes the airflow underneath the car, and in the very long run could see a bit extra wear/tear on the car as it would let more water and other stuff on the run into the bottom of your engine bay, but really, it's kind of minor stuff depending on your perspective.

Edit: That being said, if you wanted a new one, the part is 68082724AH. The cheapest place I could find it during a 3 minute google was the site I would of recommended anyway https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-under-body-shield-68082724ah/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9c3BsYXNoLXNoaWVsZHMmaT1QSzEzMDQ1NSZyPTQmYT1kb2RnZSZvPWRhcnQmeT0yMDEzJnQ9c3h0JmU9MS00bC1sNC1nYXM= / https://parts.allmoparparts.com/auto-parts/2013/dodge/dart/sxt-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/splash-shields-scat/?part_number=68082724ah158 bucks if you wanted to replace it with a new one.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Do it one better. The OE pieces hang way down at the radiator support. The one I designed sits a little closer, and is made of very durable polycarbonate. The belly pan (the large, more rectangular piece) has aluminum reinforcements at some of the attaching points. All OE attachment points are used, and new hardware is included. Also, we make 'em in clear and white, in addition to black, if you want to see what's up in there from underneath or just hide LEDs in there to shine down like we did with our project car.

As you get it - 2 pieces w/ doors for oil plug and (2.0/2.4 only) oil filter. Integrated aluminum louvered heat shield, just like the stock piece, too.

Installed on Speedy G, our project car (BrightWhite, with amber LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do it one better. The OE pieces hang way down at the radiator support. The one I designed sits a little closer, and is made of very durable polycarbonate. The belly pan (the large, more rectangular piece) has aluminum reinforcements at some of the attaching points. All OE attachment points are used, and new hardware is included. Also, we make 'em in clear and white, in addition to black, if you want to see what's up in there from underneath or just hide LEDs in there to shine down like we did with our project car.

As you get it - 2 pieces w/ doors for oil plug and (2.0/2.4 only) oil filter. Integrated aluminum louvered heat shield, just like the stock piece, too.

Installed on Speedy G, our project car (BrightWhite, with amber LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs)

do you have these available for 2015 model if so message me price and availability

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
do you have these available for 2015 model if so message me price and availability
They're the same for all years. The only difference is the 1.4 turbo doesn't need the oil filter door, so we leave it off for those, but it's included if you order one for a 2.0 / 2.4. You can find them on our website, www.deyemeracing.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Aero and all of the front shields are missing. I was researching parts when I came across this thread.

I'm not sure what I have, and what I need. I know the front main cover is missing, and the piece that it attaches to that goes to the front fascia is also missing.

I have a piece on each side that isn't attached to anything and is loose, but I'm not sure if those are my "Side Shields" or just part of the wheel well.

On the Mopar diagram, I don't know what the "Seal-Radiator Upper"(1) is, and I'm not sure about the "Lower Seal"(2).

I'm getting ready to order some stuff, and if yours is better, I'm interested.

I think i need everything in the diagram, but not sure about 1, 3, and 2.

Here's the factory diagram:

d99f188f02caf562df2f352d0c77c979.png

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The piece right behind the front bumper is called the closeout panel.

DartBellyPan1.jpg

The piece under the engine is called the belly pan.

DartBellyPan2.jpg

Make sure you get the fasteners if those are missing. Contact Benny @AllMoparParts.com. He checks in here fairly often and I am sure he can help you with part numbers as well as the best prices.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks!

I was hoping to find out if the parts that DeyemeRacing are better, or if there are drawbacks to not using the original parts (Aerodynamic differences, etc...)

Where did you get those diagrams? Are those in the factory service manual? I didn't see anything like that in my hours long search online.

As for the fasteners, I can't believe what they get for a damn screw. I'll probably buy regluar m6 screws and use washers instead of paying > $3/screw for the factory.

I'm all about doing things right, and keeping things original, but the price for these fasteners is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Pics are from the fsm. Have you checked local u-pull junkyards for a wrecked Dart? Fasteners at the junkyard are usually free. I just toss those in the wheelbarrow and never get charged for them.
Benny @AllMoparParts.com may give you a better deal. The problem with hardware store bolts is they rust a lot faster than oem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm an employee, so I get 25% off of list. Most of the online prices beat it by a little bit, but after shipping it doesn't make sense.

I could buy stainless for what the factory screws cost.. :)

I may have to call around to some junkyards and see what they have. I assume most wrecked darts will be front end damaged somehow and those parts are probably toast, but you never know.

Any deals on the FSM out there? I read some old threads, but nothing recent about availability.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Any deals on the FSM out there? I read some old threads, but nothing recent about availability.
Deals? I got this in an email from TechAuthority maybe 10 days ago:

darttechauthoritylogo.jpg

Now through the end of the year, purchase a Three Day Online Mopar Tech Authority Subscription for the price of a One Day!

That's three days for the low cost of $24.95!

Mopar Tech Authority is your "one-stop" resource for nearly all your service needs.

Online subscriptions - One day to One year, no commitment.

Access to the same service information as
FCA Dealer Technicians
Re-flash availability
Wiring diagrams
Service bulletins / recall information
A complete Parts Catalog

Use Promo Code - WBK-EQR5xqaZ
to take advantage of this offer at checkout.
To REDEEM:

Select 3 Day Subscription to Tech Authority
Add to cart
Copy and paste "code" into Promo Code box (be sure to remove any extra spaces before and after code)

HURRY as this offer ends December 31st, 2017.
Visit www.techauthority.com today!

For questions, please call 800-890-4038

The subscription site gives you access to all the FCA FSMs if you have the VIN. You will need a Windows PC with Internet Explorer. Other browsers won't work. Stay logged on and you may be able to access it longer. Copy, paste as much as you can. The amount of info is staggering, you will never be able to copy all of it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
141 Posts

I was thinking about getting one of these in black, but I need to come up with the extra money... My OEM sheild is just about to rip off

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aloha from Hawaii,
I've had my dart for about a year. We recently had a hurricane Lane pass through the Big Island and I, unfortunately, drove through a small river of water going home and thrashed the undercarriage of my car with large rocks (promise I couldn't avoid it). Seems the closeout panel and undercarriage plate did a great job of protecting my engine but got shredded and need to be replaced. Got quite a ding on the lower bar of the radiator support panel, but nothing which affects my cooling system, and a smallish hit to my front fender as well. I am thinking I will go with Deyeme Racing assembly as it seems to come with the closeout panel but does anyone know where I can find it on moparpart.com. I was able to locate the belly pan but not the closeout panel. Any help would be appreciated so I can weigh my pricing options here.

·
Registered
415 Posts
FYI, my close out panel is taco'ed in the middle and hanging way down. The belly pan got ripped off along with its service doors etc. My fuel economy dropped to from 22 MPG to 15 MPG city. This stupid thing is ridiculous. Gonna have to order the Deyme Racings aero kit because it is the BEST option and virtually cost the same as ordering the factory parts. Grrrr!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I ordered the PF1 Aeroshield kit from Deyeme and have received it. I ordered the stealth gray, looks awesome. Installation is tomorrow. I'm lucky to have a shop here that rents out repair bays with all the tools you could possibly need and your own lift of course. $30/hr It's a really good deal.

Will take some pics of the work and post them here.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts