Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the WOT box along side a tuner? I was looking at the Euro+Drive but was wondering if there's compatibility issues with the WOT Box and the OBD-II tuner. If so is there another tune such as the Sykes tune where he flashes the stock ECU instead of me running a handheld? Or is there going to be issues regarding any sort of tune with the WOT Box? Only thing stopping me from starting the project is this question because I want to buy all the parts together.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If so is there another tune such as the Sykes tune where he flashes the stock ECU instead of me running a handheld?
Sykes is the last name of the owner, Syked ECU Tuning is the name of the company.
https://www.google.com/search?num=50&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS797US797&ei=Mgy5W7DYO87k_AaDmbrwAQ&q=syked+ecu&oq

These "WOT boxes" are simply piggback computers to the PCM.
The only reason people get these is to adjust their electronic throttle response.

Throttle body adjustment boxes were on the market prior to PCM modifications.
As it was the only way to reduce the throttle response lag, or, over ride the factory PCM limiting your throttle input.

If you have a tuned PCM you should not need this since your tuner could set the response to be proportional to pedal input.
Since these are made to adjust the factory PCM Throttle body response rate, you should only get one if it is through the same company that is remapping your PCM.

Otherwise they are simply not needed and more so an accessory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts