Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I noticed that when I started braking from speeds that were mainly 40mph+ My car would start to shake. I figured it was a rotor issue and took it to a local garage. They claimed my front rotor has warped (12k miles). They claimed no independent sellers, such as Nappa, provides the parts around here (In Pennsylvania). They claimed to have gotten in contact with a local Dodge dealership and set an appraisal for $430 for just front rotors & brake pads. I started looking online and found nice z23 brake pads and rotors for around 350 for both front & rear (Shipping included, from Rockauto) I plan on buying these, so I informed my garage that I would purchased the parts and just have them put them on. The mechanic at the garage said that since they are cross drilled that these might not be the best choice. The mechanic also informed me that since in the winter it tends to get decently bad with snow and all the salt on the road would end up making these cross drilled holes rust over time. He said I should try to find an OEM rotor and brake pads. Does anybody have any advice on good pair of rotor & brake pads for the fronts, or even all 4. I'm also wondering if anybody that lives in harsh weather conditions that have cross drilled rotors if they noticed any difference with them compared to oem. Thanks in advanced!

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
Rotors warp under heat, heat is caused by brake pads, and those are pushed by the caliper. I would say check your caliper slide bolts to make sure they have enough lubrication (use silicone paste if not) or have your caliper checked out as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts