Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Rallye 6-speed with 120,000 miles and here is what happened and what i've done so far:

got in the car to head to work and was running with almost no power, pretty much a limp mode. after a min of that the CEL came on. i pulled over in an open spot and shut the car off and restarted a couple times. problem still persisted. ran my scan tool and cam up with two codes. P0016 (crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation) and P0105 (Manifold absolute pressure/barometric pressure circuit). proceeded to turn around and try to get the car back home since i was close and it died on me and now will not start. had it flat bedded to my driveway where it sits now.

so far i've checked for compression in all four cylinders. getting 100-125psi
inspected the timing belt and it seems tight and in pretty good condition still
checked all the fuses under the hood
changed the camshaft position sensor AND the crankshaft position sensor.
pulled the battery cables for 5-10 mins and reset it thinking maybe something in the ECU is acting up

car will still not start and not sure what to do next in the driveway with it. anyone have any ideas? I was planning on trading this car in this summer as I was really not wanting to do a timing belt at the 150,000 mark. my fear is that it somehow jumped a tooth or two on the belt and is out of time.

Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
3,290 Posts
The P0016 pretty much confirms a timing component is out of alignment. Since compression is where it should be, valves are not yet bent.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The P0016 pretty much confirms a timing component is out of alignment. Since compression is where it should be, valves are not yet bent.
gotcha...so the belt most likely skipped a tooth. damn. i havent contacted a dodge dealer yet, but any guesses what a belt job and re-alignment would cost?

Thank you for the input

·
Super Moderator
3,290 Posts
Anything a dealer does costs more than you expected.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything a dealer does costs more than you expected.
oh, i can only imagine

do you happen to know if the camshaft and crankshaft sensors need a special tool to "relearn"? Thats the one thing I didnt do...i just plugged them in, pulled the battery for 5 mins and tried cranking it again.

·
Super Moderator
3,290 Posts
You don't want to do a relearn if the timing is off. That would make the PCM think that the new setting is normal.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts