Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I've been tinkering on my Dart for a while, but haven't posted much.

Current mods include BC coilovers, Brembo calipers, powder coated valve cover and calipers, Eibach front and rear sway bars, moved the battery to the trunk, fabricated a bracket for the ECU and catch cans, Clutch Masters lightweight flywheel and FX400 clutch, sport hood, moved the radiator hoses a little and changed one out to make more space.

Stay tuned I have some big plans for the Dart! You can also follow me on Instagram @cean.fritz

IMG_2000.PNG
IMG_2001.PNG
IMG_2002.PNG
IMG_2009.PNG
IMG_2004.PNG
IMG_2005.PNG
IMG_2007.PNG

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was a fun project. Had to grind the welds off, drill, and then tap. First powder coating wasn't the right color and I hadn't removed the baffles. When I removed them there was still a lot of sand in there from blasting. Hopefully everyone that powder coats their valve cover is doing this.

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
I have a pair of the new version covers still available in my for sale thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice job ,looks great.Where or how did you make the air in take?I was thinking about doing that wrapped in heat reflective tape.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks good! Try to fab some new covers for your strut mounts, or else water will get in there and rust.
Yeah it has already started. I plan on 3d printing some. But there is also two holes next to the opening that probably drain more water into that space than the raised opening.

I have a pair of the new version covers still available in my for sale thread. View attachment 126294
Those fit on the top of the stock strut mount. I have BC coilovers with Airtekk camber plates.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job ,looks great.Where or how did you make the air in take?I was thinking about doing that wrapped in heat reflective tape.
@thedarb42 that's the stock intake pipe up top. I removed the center mounting tab and capped the air baffle. Both rubbed the valve cover the first time I had it powder coated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts