Dodge Dart Forum banner

Which size spacers to get??

11K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  iBe_OJB 
#1 ·
So I've read through a couple threads on here but for some reason I cannot find any spacers dart specific. I want to sit basically flush with the fenders as long as it still gives suspension clearance. I might eventually wanna get lowering springs. I'm thinking either 10mm or 12mm is the correct size to go with. Anyone have any links or brands to go with that's not outrageously expensive? I don't want cheap eBay ones either, I'm just not trying to drop $350-400 for spacers and lugs haha.

#2 ·
Here is a link to one of our vendors here, Deyeme Racing... They sell spacers. https://www.deyemeracing.com/Shop_Products.aspx#

Now, I had a personal note i'd like to place here... take it or leave it... I have seen nothing but problems when running spacers, mixed with lowering springs and camber kits. The stock suspension was not meant to sit like that and can cause uneven tread wear and possible steering and suspension issues. Just cause it looks cool, doesnt mean its good for your car.

Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#3 ·
Now, I had a personal note i'd like to place here... take it or leave it... I have seen nothing but problems when running spacers, mixed with lowering springs and camber kits. The stock suspension was not meant to sit like that and can cause uneven tread wear and possible steering and suspension issues. Just cause it looks cool, doesnt mean its good for your car.
Very true. Wouldn't a four wheel alignment take care of that though? Or is that outside the scope of an alignment?

#5 ·
I do understand that, I don't think I'm going to get lowering springs anytime soon, it's just a thought. Would an alignment like others said make up for the tire ware?

#17 ·
I would have to say yes, That an alignment would help fix the uneven tread wear when adding the lowering springs with the spacers... But it may cost a pretty penny to do so. Thats pretty much why ive stayed away from those kinds of mods... It does look cool, dont get me wrong, but the amount of money to make them run correctly and not have any suspension, steering or tread wear issues isnt worth it to me... But then again, I base majority of my mods on performance and not aesthetics.

Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#6 ·
I had Deyeme's 19mm spacer on stock 18's, they sat flush and I didn't experience any irregular tread wear. I'm sure if springs were added into the equation, irregular wear would occur. I currently have sportiness installed and the springs affect the camber on the rear significantly.

#7 ·
You had 19mm? Have any pictures with them installed? I'd love to see

#10 ·
Yea that would be awesome man if you could! I just want to make sure that if I go flush, I'll still have suspension travel and won't rub on the fender lips.

#12 ·
@Druuciferr View attachment 60071 I hope this helps, that's on stock suspension. I had hard time getting decent picture. It's so close to being completely flush but not quite. It sticks out past the fender on bottom half but top of the tire it's really close
That's how the tires are without spaces just because of the body shape of the car though. So that looks good! No irregular tire ware or anthing like that?

#14 ·
Awesome man! Well 19s it is! What splash guards do you have as well? Mopar?

#16 ·
Did you have any wear issues? Do you remember how much you paid for the whole kit? Just trying to get everyones perspective. With lugs and the spacers on deyemes it's costing $312 after shipping and what-not.

#19 ·
Very true. I'll just stick with the spacers to get the look. This is my daily driver so I'm not trying to f$ck something up lol. Thanks for the input man!

#22 ·
LOL its for the rep system... if you give rep points to people when they write good/ informational posts the system makes it so that people dont only give the points to the same people even if they write good posts alot. So He tried to give me rep points but since he had done so recently it makes him give rep points to someone else before he gives them to me again!

#23 ·
Oh haha yea so lost. Alright well I can give rep points! Lol

#24 ·
this is with 19mm spacers on stock gt wheels and eibach pro-kit springs. I had an alignment after install and was able to get the rears to just within stock camber specs without any additional hardware. The inside of the tire did wear faster than the rest but I was still able to get 35K out of the tires. probably could have gotten more if i'd have been a bit more diligent about rotating and maintenance alignments.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sky

if you lower the car with the 19mm spacers you'll need to grind off the little tab in the rear fenders where the bumper/fender are bolted together.

Material property

Black-and-white Photography Tints and shades

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.