Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I do have a problem on refilling my AC.

My mopar label under the hood says that my dart is equipped with R1234YF freon for the AC.

But the pressure connectors on my car are for R134A.

Anybody knows something about this issue?

My dealer is a bit nervous of filling in R134a in regards of the mopar label and not knowing whats in there now.
I do not know whats the situation in the US, but my dart is running in germany and mixing up the fluids will cause the lost of its operating permit.

I have read this thread:
https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-1-4l-multiair-turbo/6474-c-refrigerant-freon-2.html

So I understand from 2014 there will be R1234YF in the car.

Mine is a 2014 1.4l Multiair. So I am confused why the connectors are for R134A

Any hints would be very helpful.
If it helps I am happy to provide my fin.

HJMR

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If you have R134a fittings, you probably have R134a. Factory probably put on the wrong label. You can get your build sheet at this link, just type in your VIN:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

If you do some googling, people are getting R1234yf adapters for their R134a charging hoses and putting R134a into their R1234yf systems with no ill effects. They are removing the R1234yf, not mixing the two. The PAG oil does not need to be changed. The extreme difference in cost is what's prompting people to go back to R134a. Of course the EPA does not approve of this. You would need your own charging equipment since a shop or dealer would not be allowed by law to do this. When the time comes that a leak develops on my my Darts, I am not spending $200 a can for refrigerant. I have my own vacuum pump and charging gauges, just need the adapters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick answer.

I checked the build sheet, unfortunately there is nothing in it regarding the AC and the freon it uses.

My best bet in this case I guess would be to remove the freon which is in and have it filled up with R134a because of the connectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts