Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
We make wheel spacers specifically for the Dart. Right now we have 6mm (uncoated) and 8mm (uncoated, black, and red) in stock. We're making spacers up to 1/2" thick. Because the Dart has lug bolts instead of lug nuts and studs, we sell the spacers with the necessary longer lug bolts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why would I need to put wheel spacers on???

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
We originally made spacers as a necessity to fit the 16" steel wheels we wanted to use with winter tires. After seeing that the Dart could benefit from the wider stance, we decided to make them a production item. We're working on making them available in 6, 8, 10, and 12mm thickness, but they're slow sellers (understandably, since the car is still pretty new and not many people are changing wheels or hitting the race track yet). In addition to widening stance for performance or appearance, the spacers also open up some more wheel options, for wheels that might otherwise have too much backspace.

Spring has been VERY slow to... spring for us here in mid-Missouri, and we still have our winter shoes on. Both our project cars are getting their summers back on this weekend, though, and I'll be sizing up a bunch of different spacer options on our Dart and getting pics.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We make wheel spacers specifically for the Dart. Right now we have 6mm (uncoated) and 8mm (uncoated, black, and red) in stock. We're making spacers up to 1/2" thick. Because the Dart has lug bolts instead of lug nuts and studs, we sell the spacers with the necessary longer lug bolts.

On these spacers, it looks like they are designed to center off the lip on the hub center, is that correct? I have universal spacers right now, & causing a little bit of vibration, due to not being exactly centered. Will these fix that?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Don't see a point in spacers? Whats the purpose and can someone show a before and after pic?

Sent from my bad ass dart ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts

These are pretty cool - have a question, after looking around on your site... 19mm Hex vs. 17mm Spline - is this just simply the end of the lug bolt? Won't matter which I use on a 2013 Dart Limited, correct?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The picture you posted is pretty old, and we're due to update (and watermark) a number of our parts pics. The lug bolts you get with the spacers are no longer the one-piece plain zinc finish ones, unless you request them. If you request the 1pc zinc lug bolts (or if you order them individually w/o spacers) they come with chrome or black decorative caps.

Now, on to your question. Our 2pc lug bolts are made the same way regardless of head (19H or 17S). The only difference is that the 17mm spline drive fit in smaller lug holes like the ones typically found on double-drilled wheels where you'd have trouble fitting the thicker socket for the 19mm hex. When you order at least 1 pair of spacers, or at least 10 lug bolts, we also throw in a threaded wheel install guide, and a spline drive tool if you order the 17S bolts.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
On these spacers, it looks like they are designed to center off the lip on the hub center, is that correct? I have universal spacers right now, & causing a little bit of vibration, due to not being exactly centered. Will these fix that?
only if the spacer leaves enough of the wheel hub for the actual wheel to rest on, or if it has it's own hub for the wheel to rest on.

had 1/2" (12mm) spacers on my rallye 17s and I couldnt get them not to vibrate. the issue was I had 12mm spacers and the stock wheel hub is 13mm long. so even though the spacer itself was hub centric, my wheels became lug centric and the rallye 17s desparately need that hub to rest on, no matter how balanced or aligned they are.

cant speak for aftermarket wheels with the spacers though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wheels.jpg Here's a pic of my wheels on my dart aero. I'm by no means an expert on wheels or can talk like I know specifics. These wheels were machined to fit our.. interesting. Bolt pattern we all know so well. I was desperate for wheels because I was run off the road and hit a curb at 75mph. Anyway, The only problem I have is I can't fit the center caps on the rear wheels and the grease cap is exposed which I don't like for more than aesthetics. Was wondering Deyeme if you'd be able to help talk me through solving my problem? And some black wheel bolts would be great too. Thanks in advance.

-Greg

Edit: I can't for the life of my figure out how to rotate the dang image lol. Sorry, hopefully you're better with pictures.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts