Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time post here. I need to replace the wheel bolts for my dart, I called my local dealership and they're charging $13.50 per bolt which is expensive considering I need to replace the better half of them. Does anyone know of any better cheaper options?
These bolts i found at NAPA are much cheaper so I am a bit hesitant and am not sure if they will fit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
First time post here. I need to replace the wheel bolts for my dart, I called my local dealership and they're charging $13.50 per bolt which is expensive considering I need to replace the better half of them. Does anyone know of any better cheaper options?
These bolts i found at NAPA are much cheaper so I am a bit hesitant and am not sure if they will fit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 126007
Goto www.deyemeracing.com Pick out what size you need.These are better than stock ones.They are alot cheaper than 13.50 a piece.I have had these on my dart for sometime now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
The original wheel bolts are prone to swelling from rust creeping under the stainless cap. When a socket is pushed on and does not seat all the way down because of the swelling, the soft cap gets destroyed. I use a small smear of grease at the junction of the cap and the bolt and still have not had a swollen lug bolt.
The Napa bolts look correct if you want the original style. You can find the oem bolts online for much less than $13.50 each. Some aftermarket chrome plated bolts will rust.
I have picked up quite a few spares at the junkyard. I always check if they are swollen with a 19 mm socket. They are free at most self serve yards.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I bought these from MPx for my 2.4L within the past year. More solid than the OEM. So far so good.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mullino

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought these from MPx for my 2.4L within the past year. More solid than the OEM. So far so good.

I bought these as well. They work great, but I will say the black ones have rusted here in Michigan winters. I am debating on getting a set of the chrome instead as the car has now been passed onto my daughter

·
Registered
30 Posts

That is the same set I got. Way better than the OEM stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got tired of jacking with these crappy things. I installed studs and regular lug nuts about 3 years ago. Best thing I have done to the car. I just looked online to find the studs and bought lug nuts at Auto Zone. I can't find the order for the part number where I got the studs. Sorry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I purchased replacement bolts for mine from amazon.

Dorman .. there are a few versions so you have to be careful making sure they are replacements for the OEM ones. (my dart is the 2013 T1.4L)

These are solid, no cap bs to break down and cause problems as too often the torque on the impact guns those mechanics use is way to high anyway ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts