Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a handful of roads close by that are pretty damn fun to drive. Yesterday I went and hit a couple for the first time in the Dart. I wish I had a gopro like some of you guys. I would love to get some videos of them.

So.. any of you guys have some favorite roads to drive? Throw up some google maps links or something. I happened to find a good website for here in Cali.

Yesterday I hit - L A T E R A L G - SANTIAGO CYN. RD. and took Silvarado Canyon up to the Park Gate. Santiago Canyon isn't the most exciting road, but it's pretty light on traffic. Silvarado Canyon on the other hand has 25 mph speed limit.. ton's of houses along it, very narrow and some very tight corners. But it's still pretty fun to drive. You just have to watch out for trash cans, parked cars, etc.

I should have taken the little cut off road.. and done this one L A T E R A L G - MODJESKA CYN. & MODJESKA GRADE but I totally forgot about it.

Once I got back to Santiago Canyon and went up to Cook's Corner (Biker Bar.. the Canyon roads are filled with bikers).. I hit Live Oak Canyon.. now this is a fun road. L A T E R A L G - LIVE OAK CANYON RD. The very first hill as you head up Live Oak is like a roller coaster ride. Big climb and when you get to the top and crest the hill you can't see the road.. it's a pretty steep downhill section. The Dart felt amazing on this road, it has some great grip around the corners. At the end of Live Oak is a crazy (but short) uphill climb around a couple 15 mph turns.

Ended up along Pacific Coast Highway as usual to head back north to my street. Busy holiday weekend along the beach but a great view of the ocean even in the stop and go traffic.

I was also recently on L A T E R A L G - HWY 74 - ORTEGA HWY. but not in the Dart. I was the passenger in my friends Mazda 3 (which I really like). I gotta head down there and try the Dart on that one.

What about you guys, got any great roads around? Show em off on google maps!

·
Registered
962 Posts
The GREEN HELL will always be my favorite! I need to check out that lateralg web site and see if I got anything like that around me!

nordschleife_map.jpg

·
Registered
738 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts