Dodge Dart Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to try the Rain-X, I guess.
Yeah a bottle of Rain-X windshield treatment for the exterior glass and Rain-X Anti-Fog for the inside is a pretty good investment. It doesn't cost much, lasts a good long time, and while it's not quite as good as a rear wiper, it helps a lot. I don't have the problem with the Dart that I do with my other car (An 06 Cobalt LT) but that's probably because the rear window isn't as steep.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I would have to agree with the fact that the lag from the time you depress the gas pedal to the time the engine finally responds is way too long. I understand that there is a piggy-back device to negate that but I feel that the stock response should be better so an additional $400 dollar device is not needed. Is programming throttle response really that difficult of an operation? I thought that I have read that challenger and charger owners have had the same issues with their vehicles regarding throttle response time? Just my own thoughts...
My 2006 Charger had this issue as well with throttle lag, but the Dart's throttle lag is A LOT worse. My Diablo Predator tuner had a throttle boost function that cured the throttle lag in the charger, but that was just a side benefit as this was a hand held tuner, and it was around $250... I hope Diablosport comes out with a tuner for the Dart like they do for the LX cars (Charger, 300, and Magnum), LC cars (Challenger), and SRT4s.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I may or may not add remote start to my Dart in the future, and also heated seats. Those would be some nice features to have. Otherwise, almost everything else is amazing! Uconnect could use a few add ons or more features here and there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think I've already posted here but I'm in the long process of adding a sub and creating my own light up TFT bezel thingy. Those are my biggest complaints lol

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
I would change my seats - i got the black exterior with light interior --- thought I could put seat covers on... I cannot - at least not without spending a fortune as they require special seat covers. and to have them reupolstered would cost about $1k --- I am hoping to find someone that got black seats and wants to trade for the light grey seats **wishful thinking** :(

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I think, I would change how far open the doors go. I'd like them to go just a hair further forward as it's max-opening. The Passat opened to almost 90-degrees. The Dart falls quite a bit short of that. Makes loading & unloading a bit of a PITA. (And the BF wants more room to get in too. lol)

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I think, I would change how far open the doors go. I'd like them to go just a hair further forward as it's max-opening. The Passat opened to almost 90-degrees. The Dart falls quite a bit short of that. Makes loading & unloading a bit of a PITA. (And the BF wants more room to get in too. lol)
I used to have a 2005 Grand Prix GTP and fronts opened like normal, but the back doors opened right at a 90 degree angle. I love it. It made getting my daughter out of the car pretty easy. I've yet to have another car that opened this far and I miss it (but not much else about the GTP, lol).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello all :)
I'm a noob to the forum but as a Dart owner for 2 days I thought I'd chime in with an initial impression.
I would change a few things about the dart if I was on the design team.
-Rear seat would have an independent 'integrated child safety seat' option.
-My 3 year old needs a car seat (he's a little guy) but his feet easily touch both seats and the centre console. (my precious leather centre console) I'm going to have a dirt coloured patch across both seats and the centre console soon. I would like more room between the bottom of the rear seat and the centre console.
-I love, and hate the position of the 'aux' input.
I love that the wire is out of sight i.e. not hanging off the dash; I hate that I have to contort myself a bit to reach it.
-At 6'1" I am at the very limit of 'sitting up comfortably'. My head doesn't touch the headliner, but it's really close. (I can't wear a hat while driving)
-I wish there was more to see when I open the hood. I brag a bit about the engine technology, and you open the hood and there's nothing but a battery and a big black cover. I'd like to point at stuff and say, "There's the cool multiAir thingy, and that's the turbo, and there's the spark plugs, and such." Maybe I'm a bit old school, but I like to see my engine.
-And, of course, the throttle lag. I have a manual transmission and I'm just getting used to the lag. *It's like playing on an australian server.

All that said; I love my Dart. It's sexy and efficient, and fast (turbo), and it's fun to drive and quiet. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have any particular issues with my Dart - so far I'm extremely happy with it. I would like to see Chrysler do a few things in the coming years with it though:

1. Offer a diesel option. A small, torquey oil burner mated with the 6-speed manual or the upcoming 9-speed automatic should be good for close to 50 mpg.

2. How about a ragtop? I think a convertible Dart would be really neat. But I suppose Chrysler wouldn't do it because it would poach sales from the 200.

3. A wagon? For those who need a little more interior room....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would love to have adjustable gas and break pedals. Compared to my other two cars and all of the cars I have driven before, the pedals in my dart just seem so disproportionate on the spacing of where they are located. When I am sitting in a comfortable upright position, it feels as if my leg has to reach extremely far for the gas and at the same time when I put my foot on the break pedal my knee is in my chest.

The knee in chest might be exaggerating a tad bit, but the spacing on the pedals are definitely off. They need to be adjustable. I'm still acclimating to the difference between my forte and my dart regarding where the pedals are at. They're that different.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Definitely change the angle/tilt if the nav screen. It sit at just the right angle to give off blinding glare through the open sunroof if the sun is low in the sky, aka, every time I drive to and from work on hwy, ( rising, and setting sun ) really though it will pick up some glare constantly. Tilt it a bit more upright and it would reduce glare a lot yet not make the screen at an uncomfortable degree to use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not really with the car itself but I'd like a bug-fix/feature request forum directly with Dodge so that we can request and report issues we see in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Change the shifter, exhaust, and wheels

·
Registered
104 Posts
IMG_20130710_155131.jpg
I wouldn't change anything. But I WILL be doing some modifications. My list includes window tint, subwoofer, fog lights, and a cold air intake when I can find a decent one.
Yes yes! Good choices....Fog lights work awesome! That was one thing my Dart didn't have when I selected it off the dealership lot....but I got them to promise to install them as a condition of sale....and they definitely added a lot of style points to the car in addition to the fact the fog lights work incredibly well....I had at least a few times where I had to use them over the winter....one of the must haves for me....and the fog lights on my Dart work even better than the fog lights that were on my car which I had before I got my dart.....Also window tint is a great idea....window tint makes the dart go from awesome looking to out of this world! Also.....if you don't have them already....I highly recommend going with racetrack LEDs....they add even MORE awesome to the car.....and are super simple to install....fully plug and play....takes maybe half an hour to install them and almost anybody could successfully install them....(just remove the carpet liner on the inner trunk lid and then remove the 8 bolts remove the panel on the trunk which is replaced by the led light bar and set the light bar in place, and put the bolts back in place and pop the carpet panel back into place)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would add more interior lighting, the red light that runs along the dashboard is awesome. I would do that on the doors as well.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts