Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought my 2013 dodge dart 2.0L it has the SXT trim and I can say I like it very much. It is my 1rst car I am 17 and I have a job with a decent income. I want to know what I have to replace on it. So far I am giving it a New K&N air filter that will give it 2-3 hp more. I am going to flush the tranny and flush the coolant and replace the spark plugs and change the oil. Anything else?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
look up the Aya build thread this guy did it all. i put about 1000 in bolt-ons and it still is slower than my sons 12 focus. sounds really mean though. i would do the light weight crankshaft pulley and light weight water pump pulley from modern performance. autolite 5325 copper plugs, and injen cold air intake at a minimum. makes it more peppy and more enjoyable to drive. i have a new K&N drop in for sale for 35 if you want to buy it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look up the Aya build thread this guy did it all. i put about 1000 in bolt-ons and it still is slower than my sons 12 focus. sounds really mean though. i would do the light weight crankshaft pulley and light weight water pump pulley from modern performance. autolite 5325 copper plugs, and injen cold air intake at a minimum. makes it more peppy and more enjoyable to drive. i have a new K&N drop in for sale for 35 if you want to buy it.
I already bought the intake though. Thanks for the offer though. I will definetely think about the options you wrote above.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
@King Jeezy -

It's very doubtful that the K&N® #33-2491 Replacement Air Filter:

... adds 2-3 HP to your Dart's 2.0L I-4 DOHC Tigershark™ engine ... that said, I run one in my Dart because they do improve airflow & trap more contaminants than a "regular" air filter ... and maybe more importantly, they are washable & reusable (i.e., I clean & "recharge" mine every 20,000 miles).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I just bought my 2013 dodge dart 2.0L it has the SXT trim and I can say I like it very much. It is my 1rst car I am 17 and I have a job with a decent income. I want to know what I have to replace on it. So far I am giving it a New K&N air filter that will give it 2-3 hp more. I am going to flush the tranny and flush the coolant and replace the spark plugs and change the oil. Anything else?
Is it a manual or Auto?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replace the slave cylinder if its a manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whatever you do please avoid any electrical system mods. I have seen a number of early model Darts (2013, and 2014) that do become unreliable when the electrical system is messed with. Also, when it is time make sure you buy a strong decent battery. My original factory battery in 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye lasted 5 years.

Dart's exhibit many issues when the battery starts going south. I have left my car bone stock, and it drives very reliably and gets incredible gas mileage, 39 mpg on the highway is often the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Save your money kiddo cuz your going to need it if your going to keep your dart!!! I have a 2014 dodge dart 2.4 L engine 6 speed. Ive had it for only 8 months and I've already put $2000 into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts