Dodge Dart Forum banner

Which oil gets your vote?

What oil gets your vote!

20K views 40 replies 31 participants last post by  Pretty Boy Floyd 
#1 · (Edited)
Vote for which oil you think is best for our Dart 1.4L Turbos! Both oils I listed meet the chrysler spec for the dart, if you know of any others please post. Please tell us why you choose that oil and/or what oil you are using now.

#3 ·
Linseed oil......not sure which Viscosity ;)
But seriously, we're limited up here in the North Pole on what's available. I have seen the Pennzoil in the local Walmart, and I can special order oil through Partsource, but I would like to see a few more brands with the 5w-40.

#10 ·
Do you know this for sure? How do you know? Just asking out of curiosity. I've done one oil change with the Pennzoil and researched a lot before I did and didn't find anything saying that. I just want to be as informed as possible and I trust your advice (trying to be clear as possible as tone is so lost on the internet).

#13 ·
USed castrol only.... never had any issues

#14 ·
Used castrol only.... never had any issues
KYRGYZ -

Don't know if you were aware of it ... but this thread/poll is actually about 1.4L MultiAir Turbo powered Darts ... an engine which requires an API Certified SAE 5W-40 full synthetic oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler Material Standard MS-10896.

Castrol does make a 5W-40 100% synthetic oil (called "Power RS Racing 4T") ... but it's marketed as being specifically formulated for motorcycles (i.e., sport bikes) ... and I'm not sure it meets Chrysler's MS-10896 standard.

NOTE: Your 2.0L Tigershark powered Dart requires an API Certified SAE 0W-20 oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395.

#22 ·
Reading oil comparisons stresses me out. Lol. Seems like most folks on here vote much more often for Amsoil and Mobil1. Understandably so I reckon. I agree their really good, but pricey (Mobils not too bad though). But Pennzoil Full Synthetic seems to win a lot of votes if you do your research on google, etc. It's the most reasonably priced and best quality. In other words best bang for your buck. Since my money tree hasn't fully matured in the back yard just yet , Pennzoil makes since to me. Lol. :)

#24 ·
Mobil One syn with a Mobile one filter

#29 ·
Shell rotella t6 5-40. Yea it says diesel but its cause of the weight of oil. It's not cause there is something different in the oil. I've used in in motor cycles with wet clutches cause its the only syn that will work with wet clutches and I've used it in my mazdaspeed 3. If I do my own oil change its what km goin to use.

#31 ·
Email i receive from Shell

Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 doesn’t meet the requirements of Chrysler MS-10896 however, PENNZOIL ULTRA EURO 5W-40 FULL SYNTHETIQUE meets or exceed this specification. I have attached the TDS of PENNZOIL ULTRA EURO 5W-40 FULL SYNTHETIQUE for your record.

Please contact us if you have further questions.

Regards

Bello

#34 ·
Chrysler signed this big deal with Pennzoil to make them the exclusive oil for chrysler, the bulk oil has already changed and they can order in the Synthetic Ultra and Platinum.
In my dart I put in Royal Purple the first oil change and bought it for the second which I haven't done yet, but come time for the third I'll be switching to Pennzoil because not oil do I get a good discount but its good oil, and they have this warranty where if you keep your receipts and update this profile on their website and meet their criteria you can get a enginer warranty good for 15yrs 500000 miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.