Dodge Dart Forum banner

Which oil gets your vote?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vote for which oil you think is best for our Dart 1.4L Turbos! Both oils I listed meet the chrysler spec for the dart, if you know of any others please post. Please tell us why you choose that oil and/or what oil you are using now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Linseed oil......not sure which Viscosity ;)
But seriously, we're limited up here in the North Pole on what's available. I have seen the Pennzoil in the local Walmart, and I can special order oil through Partsource, but I would like to see a few more brands with the 5w-40.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would love to use Mobil 1 Synthetic , since it goes in all of my other vehicles.

Hoping M1 meets the Chrysler standard soon. Until then, I will use Pennzoil in my Dart.

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
Redline and Motul have kept my other vehicles running perfect, including my 1.8T VW at 168K miles. Well the turbo has been running at double boost for 167K and is now needing replacement.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I run am soil in my racecar and dailys for years with great result but its not yet certified for the dart last I heard so I am running royal purple currently.

·
Registered
753 Posts
AMSOIL :big smile:

Penzoil turns motor's gold inside.
Do you know this for sure? How do you know? Just asking out of curiosity. I've done one oil change with the Pennzoil and researched a lot before I did and didn't find anything saying that. I just want to be as informed as possible and I trust your advice (trying to be clear as possible as tone is so lost on the internet).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
USed castrol only.... never had any issues

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Used castrol only.... never had any issues
KYRGYZ -

Don't know if you were aware of it ... but this thread/poll is actually about 1.4L MultiAir Turbo powered Darts ... an engine which requires an API Certified SAE 5W-40 full synthetic oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler Material Standard MS-10896.

Castrol does make a 5W-40 100% synthetic oil (called "Power RS Racing 4T") ... but it's marketed as being specifically formulated for motorcycles (i.e., sport bikes) ... and I'm not sure it meets Chrysler's MS-10896 standard.

NOTE: Your 2.0L Tigershark powered Dart requires an API Certified SAE 0W-20 oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
KYRGYZ -

Don't know if you were aware of it ... but this thread/poll is actually about 1.4L MultiAir Turbo powered Darts ... an engine which requires an API Certified SAE 5W-40 full synthetic oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler Material Standard MS-10896.

Castrol does make a 5W-40 100% synthetic oil (called "Power RS Racing 4T") ... but it's marketed as being specifically formulated for motorcycles (i.e., sport bikes) ... and I'm not sure it meets Chrysler's MS-10896 standard.

NOTE: Your 2.0L Tigershark powered Dart requires an API Certified SAE 0W-20 oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395.
I don't believe it.... for me just a one more way to sell exact product and service, nothing else... marketing... Chrysler just want you to stuck with dealer, so you can't change anywhere else, since they losing money... Castrol does have 5W-40, of course not for motorcycles only, Merc, BMW, Porsche, VW are using 5W-40 in there turbo cars (except merc), it's called Castrol 06249 EDGE 5W-40 SPT Synthetic Motor Oil, not saying that it's Chrysler "certified" but fact they do have it. I used castrol even in my turbo impreza, while my friends where using subaru "certified" Motul.... ANd never had any issues...

Reactions: onyxtiger

·
Registered
667 Posts
Mobil One Full Synthetic

I have been using it for over 25 years!!! Being a cheapskate, if I pay that much for oil, its because I know its worth it! Besides, you would have to change 3 times with conventional oil before it time to change M1.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Probably going with the yellow bottle. If its good enough for Ferrari it's good enough for a Dart I figure. Although I may give AMSoil a shot and see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts