Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking into buying some used winter tires online, the sticker on my door says my tires should be 225/45r17 but the tires I have on now are 205/55r16 they were on when I bought the car it’s a 2013 sxt. Would I be fine and buying a set of winter tires that are 205/55r16?

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
Are the wheels included with the snow tires? The tire size depends on the wheel size and the wheel needs to be correct for the Dart. Not all 16 inch wheels will fit.
The profile which is the number in the center, 45 or 55, makes it possible to be able to use either a 16 or 17 inch wheel and still use the same speedometer setting. Your Dart may have had 17 inch wheels from the factory and a previous owner has swapped to 16 inch wheels. Darts can have 16, 17, or 18 inch wheels from the factory with the appropriate tire profile.
See this link:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah I was looking at a set that came off a 2014 dart and it’s 5x110 rims and the tires are 205/5516 so those should fit?

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
Yes, that should work just fine.
EDIT:
Depending on if the previous owner of the winter tires and wheels installed tire pressure sensors (TPMS), you might get the yellow tire light on your cluster. It is possible to disable TPMS with the alfaOBD android app, an android device, and the OBDLinkMX+ bluetooth scanner and that will turn off the light. However, you will then need to go old school and check tire pressures with a tire pressure gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts