Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my aero dart in 2013 and am looking to switch to a new car, preferably electric. According to kbb, what I ought to get for it as a trade in is basically a pack of crayons. But since used car prices are still higher than normal are dealers at least paying a bit more for trade ins?

And if you have traded in a dart recently, what have you gotten?

·
Registered
2016 GT 2.4L AT
145 Posts
2016 Dart GT 2.4 AT loaded in excellent condition with just under 36K miles (60K kms), dealer offered me $11K on trade. I told them my car was worth more to me than that and decided to keep it!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2016 Dart GT 2.4 AT loaded in excellent condition with just under 36K miles (60K kms), dealer offered me $11K on trade. I told them my car was worth more to me than that and decided to keep it!!
hmm, ok, my 2013 has some dings and scrapes with 120k miles on it, so I guess I can get 1k plus a pack of gum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What other people can get for their Darts doesn't matter. What matters is what you can get for yours.

Shop the car around. Hit the internet sites that say they'll buy cars. Go to some dealers that say they'll buy cars. Only when you have that information should you go to the dealer selling the car you want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very market dependent question, but if you're just curious what others have gotten offers for: I'm in Utah and got an offer from Carvana and CarMax for right around 3k. 2013 Limited Turbo, ~120k miles and a good bit of options.

ETA: traded in a 2011 Volks Jetta 2.4L with about the same miles at a dealership in less than perfect used condition and got 3k the end of December. Asked for 3.5 and they countered with 3. Felt like it was very worth it considering the minor seat damage, and various other minor signs of being a used car. So a dealership should also be in consideration because I feel like they are being fairly competitive with their offers.

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
311 Posts
I checked with Carvana, CarMax, and Vroom earlier this year, and was offered up to $7k for my 2013 Limited 1.4T 6-speed with just under 99k miles. It would probably be more today.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Carvana seems to offer the most. Im trading mine into them this month on my 2014 GT with 76k miles. Offer was $8250 last time I checked. It's gone up every month for the last 6 months.

·
Registered
296 Posts
step daughter totaled my same car but had over 80,000 miles on it. Insurance gave us just under $13k last December for it which floored me. I was expecting $8000 tops

1 - 10 of 10 Posts