Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a shop that can do all kinds of custom exhaust, and I was wondering what's the best bang for my buck in terms of exhaust. Resonator delete? High flow cat? Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
The best bang for the buck I noticed on my exhaust was when a did the OBX 3" catback with dual 2.5" sections coming off the Y-pipe. I had a muffler delete before that with dual 2.5" exits. If you can make it fit, I'd go with 2.5" off the cat coverter, step it up to 2.75" right after that and until you make it past the engine cradle, then bump it up to 3" as soon as possible, then back down to 2.75" or 2.5" after the Y-pipe, whichever size fits better into the stock exhaust tips bolted to the rear bumper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I work at a shop that can do all kinds of custom exhaust, and I was wondering what's the best bang for my buck in terms of exhaust. Resonator delete? High flow cat? Any suggestions are welcome.
Nothing, they sound like shit with muffler delete or any loud exhaust. doesn't do much for performance either.

·
Registered
742 Posts
What @starscream5000 said; but more importantly, IF you can replace the factory flange on the stock cat where it bolts to mid pipe under the mtr and go 3" V-band right from there, That IS the biggest restriction in the whole system ;)

I measured it years ago when I had it apart and it's something like 1 7/8" or less. My plan after getting the upgrade turbo on and working, will be to remove that factory flange and replace with 3" v-band going straight to 3" exhaust and then 2 1/2- 2 3/4" duals out the back.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
What @starscream5000 said; but more importantly, IF you can replace the factory flange on the stock cat where it bolts to mid pipe under the mtr and go 3" V-band right from there, That IS the biggest restriction in the whole system ;)

I measured it years ago when I had it apart and it's something like 1 7/8" or less. My plan after getting the upgrade turbo on and working, will be to remove that factory flange and replace with 3" v-band going straight to 3" exhaust and then 2 1/2- 2 3/4" duals out the back.
You're right, it's slightly less than 1 7/8", It's like 1.8" from what I remember. If you try going 3" and still go in between the oil pan and the front subframe, you may have rubbing/vibration issues. 2.75" may work better for that tight spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts