Dodge Dart Forum banner

7201 - 7220 of 7229 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Oil change, new drain and fill plugs and thermal blanket wrap for my CAI tube. Do not recommend this generic thermal wrap with hook and loop system as the one recommended for Dart is too big and you cannot even utilize hook and loop system. Should have just bought a roll of wrap and spray. Oh well live and learn.

Also changed the oil and filter. Had to go with Valvoline and Purolator oil filter as my orders of Mobil One got canceled and/or damaged in transit & I accidently ordered the wrong Wix filter from Amazon (re-ordered the one for my son's Acura) and did not notice until oil was drained and trying to install the wrong filter. Luckily local Advanced Auto has contact-less pickup to get me out of a jam.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gh0§t

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just figured I'd start this thread on here. I'm also a member of a Jeep forum and I always checked up on there to see easy and inexpensive mods that I could do on a boring day. So what have you done to your Dart today?
2013 dodge dart 1.4l turbo manual.
  • K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
  • Oil Change
  • New Oil Filter
  • New Cabin Air Filter
  • Fix the tee-fitting for the coolant
  • And drive around just for fun

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I was browsing the EuroCompulsion(HPSI) website the other day and I came across their COVID19 statement. It mentions new products coming among other things. I noticed this bit ...."2.4L tuning for the Renegade and 500X".

I'm wondering if it's something that could also be used on a Dart 2.4 Tigershark?

·
Super Moderator
4,808 Posts
I was browsing the EuroCompulsion(HPSI) website the other day and I came across their COVID19 statement. It mentions new products coming among other things. I noticed this bit ...."2.4L tuning for the Renegade and 500X".

I'm wondering if it's something that could also be used on a Dart 2.4 Tigershark?
If it's one of their piggy back style tuner that they offer (i think it's the LITE) then it might be. They don't have a Dart in shop anymore so they might not have put it in there because they don't have one to test. But since most stuff like that works on all the engines in other vehicles, I would assume as much.

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
231 Posts
Drove it for the first time in months, tried to work the rust off of the rotors, and washed it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Reactions: Gh0§t and XR4Tim

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
And then might as well hand wax my Dart, wash and hand wax my wife's Journey and the new sink, which loves to get water spots, I'll wash and wax that as well...

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gh0§t and sykozis

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went ahead and got crazy with the plasti dip today. Did the crosshairs, fog light bezels, front and rear bumper covers, and the side skirts all in white. I’m gonna gloss them too but the rain came. I also did my rims, emblems, and the fog light trim in matte black. What do you think? I know there’s overspray on the mesh. It’ll wipe off. Just don’t want to get soaked. It’s dumping rain here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Over the last few weeks.... I replaced the right side lower control arm that I bent a few months ago and corrected the alignment. FINALLY replaced the radiator that had been leaking for more than a year...and broke a lot of stuff in the process.... and finally installed the GFB DV+.....

Almost traded my '14 Aero with 101K miles for a '14 Rallye with 2.4L and 36K miles about 2 weeks ago....that's when I decided it was time to fix the coolant leak....lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Added 25 hp with the Walmart performance package! Red and black seat covers(5hp), red and black floor mats(7hp), red and black Dodge steering wheel cover(13hp). 🤣. Steering wheel cover comes off in the winter though. That heated steering wheel is noice on a cold morning.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gave it a burst of at least 100,000,000 volts. Got struck by lightning on the way to work. Killed the dart but it started right back up. No check engine light so maybe I’m good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just driving to work and back all week...grrrr. Too much work and not enough dart fun. I did order some new rotors and pads though. Powerstop something or rather. Drilled and slotted though with good reviews. So hopefully they get here soon and I can get them on. And paint my calipers😃. Gh0§t white of course. 👻

7201 - 7220 of 7229 Posts