Dodge Dart Forum banner

7181 - 7183 of 7183 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well it's sad to write this, but my Dart is done.

Last Sunday it suddenly started making a loud noise and shaking. Moments afterwards it gave a transmission error code, then wouldn't shift out of gear while I idled it to a stop. Diagnosis came back that the flywheel broke.
How? Who knows. Every time I ask they give me a funny look. Like they're just as confused as I am that it happened.

In any case, the cost of repair is $2800. Needs a flywheel, both clutches (ddct), bearings, ect. Even if I wanted to fix it up and sell the Dart for something else, it would put me in the hole due to body work required. Mostly though, I can't afford that. It's been fun, but it's finally broken beyond what I can reasonably repair, and even trust the vehicle at this point.

Had it towed back to my driveway, and I'll be listing some of the mods here to sell so I can get a down payment for a loan on a cheap used car.

I really never thought this day would come, but it appears that it has.
I just replaced all those parts and more and it was under $2k. The flywheel is built in 2 pieces so it’s possible the pieces became damaged through normal wear or is defective. I got the clutchmaster flywheel from Modern Performance and its a solid one piece. If your transmission warranty is still good they should replace it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Fun pin-striping project. STEP 1: Mash front lip into a cement curb. STEP 2: Be so pissed off that you don't pull the collar up on the manual all the way & instead of reversing, you mash the front lip even further into the curb & pop a fastener off the bottom. STEP 3: Be lucky enough to get a 65 degree day in January in New England over the weekend so you can fix it. Becoming a real pro at this. By the way, don't judge on how dirty the ride is.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

7181 - 7183 of 7183 Posts