Dodge Dart Forum banner

7161 - 7180 of 7183 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ordered my Syked tune for my 2.4. Really looking forward to see the increase vs using the spectrum Tuner.
Did you get your tune yet? I just saw that Syked is closed for the month of October, but will be fulfilling submitted orders. On the edge of my seat waiting for your experience/feedback with this.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Did you get your tune yet? I just saw that Syked is closed for the month of October, but will be fulfilling submitted orders. On the edge of my seat waiting for your experience/feedback with this.
[/QUOTE

Not yet. I got a tracking number but it hasn’t been sent yet. I saw his post abut shutting down for October. It said all current orders would be processed and shipped out. I’m waiting till next week then I’ll email them for an update

·
Registered
34 Posts
Installed a new fender liner to replace the broken one. Got new wheels and found out I had a leaking strut. (Opposite of the replaced fender liner go figure.) Installed a LED license plate light with resistor. Then lastly but not least cleaned the windows and mirrors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Proxy Alignment to turn off TPMS since I have a dead sensor. Also installed resistors and modified the dust caps to handle the cords leaving from them to remove the headlight error for my LEDs. No blood sacrifice today thankfully.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Installed speakers, radio, leather steering wheel, first part of the signal mirrors, moving armrest, and gave another blood sacrifice to Alice.

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Installed speakers, radio, leather steering wheel, first part of the signal mirrors, moving armrest, and gave another blood sacrifice to Alice.
BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Awesome that you are making all those upgrades. The heated steering wheel (if that's what you added) is amazing. For the dart being a "compact" car, it's surprising they offered it on here. Epsecially back in 2014. I feel like it was definitely not common unless you got a much bigger vehicle. Now a lot of cars have it, but it's a different time.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Awesome that you are making all those upgrades. The heated steering wheel (if that's what you added) is amazing. For the dart being a "compact" car, it's surprising they offered it on here. Epsecially back in 2014. I feel like it was definitely not common unless you got a much bigger vehicle. Now a lot of cars have it, but it's a different time.
I thought that the heated seats and steering wheels were a very cushy option, and would joke with my wife about hers on her Journey. Then I had that option on my Dart. Then that first winter came. Now I love it. I was living like a savage before that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
The heated steering wheel (if that's what you added) is amazing.
If I had found a heated steering wheel that was leather for 60$ I would have. The big two things was leather and the 4 buttons for the TFT upgrade. Leathers wraps for the car were about the same price so I scratched that idea.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Finally got around to installing the Deyeme kit under the car. Here's a before and after.
Are you happy with the lookand fitment?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you happy with the lookand fitment?

Not yet. I bought it several months ago and finally got time to put it in. In that time I misplaced the box that came with the installation instructions and screws. I reused what I had from the original but I had several holes with no screws. According to Travis at Deyeme it should have had 12 of one size and 12 of another. I didn't get a total count on missing screws but I would guess I'm missing around 7-8. It moves a lot due to the screws missing. I thought it would sit higher also but that could, once again, be because of the missing screws. Travis has been helping me via email. I'm hoping I can buy the screws and install instructions from him. If I can get the rest of the holes filled with screws I think it will be great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not my Dart but pulled the RB5 Module from a wrecked Dart at pick n pull. Sad site to see a Dart like that but got my RB5 module and Backup Camera will probably be going back in a few weeks to pull the compass module.

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
Not yet. I bought it several months ago and finally got time to put it in. In that time I misplaced the box that came with the installation instructions and screws. I reused what I had from the original but I had several holes with no screws. According to Travis at Deyeme it should have had 12 of one size and 12 of another. I didn't get a total count on missing screws but I would guess I'm missing around 7-8. It moves a lot due to the screws missing. I thought it would sit higher also but that could, once again, be because of the missing screws. Travis has been helping me via email. I'm hoping I can buy the screws and install instructions from him. If I can get the rest of the holes filled with screws I think it will be great.
I had to remove mine to replace the motor mount. There aren't 24 bolts holding that part in place, which should be obvious by counting the holes/mounting points in it, and while I can't remember how many they are exactly, I recall that they're all the same. They also aren't very strong and I wouldn't recommend removing the old ones with an impact gun unless you like ripping the head off of small bolts and leaving the shaft stuck in the subframe.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Belly pan bolts have a different part number than the close out panel.
6510174AA close out panel
6508332AA belly pan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did so many things this weekend. Finally got a new vacuum booster gasket in so replaced that. Figured while I was in the neighborhood I should throw in the Deyeme shift linkage and arm. Found out that the rubber grommet on the stock linkage was all missing and was only held on because the linkage was parallel to the ground. This happened on my Mercury Cougar a couple of times but the linkage sat perpendicular to the ground so it would actually fall off when the grommet was chewed up enough. Anywho, car feels amazing now that shifting has tightened (and shortened) up. Now just have to get the CDV delete in!

While I was finishing up the linkage I popped over to check out the heater hose on the top of the coolant tank because I had a leak coming from there. In the process of trying to tighten thinks up I made the leak works. After I took the hose off the nipple on the top of the tank actually was cracked at the base. So a weekend project spilled into Monday and swapped out tanks. But she's up and running again.
75184711_10156400322616109_5517779201391853568_o.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
What did I do to my Dart today? I let her live another day to tell a another tale and take me on another adventure. Thanks goodness. So I kept her alive and she’s still ticking lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well it's sad to write this, but my Dart is done.

Last Sunday it suddenly started making a loud noise and shaking. Moments afterwards it gave a transmission error code, then wouldn't shift out of gear while I idled it to a stop. Diagnosis came back that the flywheel broke.
How? Who knows. Every time I ask they give me a funny look. Like they're just as confused as I am that it happened.

In any case, the cost of repair is $2800. Needs a flywheel, both clutches (ddct), bearings, ect. Even if I wanted to fix it up and sell the Dart for something else, it would put me in the hole due to body work required. Mostly though, I can't afford that. It's been fun, but it's finally broken beyond what I can reasonably repair, and even trust the vehicle at this point.

Had it towed back to my driveway, and I'll be listing some of the mods here to sell so I can get a down payment for a loan on a cheap used car.

I really never thought this day would come, but it appears that it has.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well it's sad to write this, but my Dart is done.

Last Sunday it suddenly started making a loud noise and shaking. Moments afterwards it gave a transmission error code, then wouldn't shift out of gear while I idled it to a stop. Diagnosis came back that the flywheel broke.
How? Who knows. Every time I ask they give me a funny look. Like they're just as confused as I am that it happened.

In any case, the cost of repair is $2800. Needs a flywheel, both clutches (ddct), bearings, ect. Even if I wanted to fix it up and sell the Dart for something else, it would put me in the hole due to body work required. Mostly though, I can't afford that. It's been fun, but it's finally broken beyond what I can reasonably repair, and even trust the vehicle at this point.

Had it towed back to my driveway, and I'll be listing some of the mods here to sell so I can get a down payment for a loan on a cheap used car.

I really never thought this day would come, but it appears that it has.
Ugh. So sad to hear. Nevermind that this happens to anyone's car, but especially people who genuinely care for and love their vehicle. Good luck and hope you are able to recoup some value to put forward your next ride.

7161 - 7180 of 7183 Posts