Dodge Dart Forum banner

7141 - 7160 of 7229 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Ordered my Syked tune for my 2.4. Really looking forward to see the increase vs using the spectrum Tuner.
This post got my attention. Want to know everything about it. I am weighing getting rid of the RRM Tuner this year, getting the Syked 2.4L Tune and then getting the MPx Header/Exhaust combo after winter or getting MPx Header/Exhaust combo before winter and then getting rid of the RRM Tuner and getting the Syked 2.4L Tune next year. I do want to see how the Syked Tune is without the MPx Header since it is built to run with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,809 Posts
This post got my attention. Want to know everything about it. I am weighing getting rid of the RRM Tuner this year, getting the Syked 2.4L Tune and then getting the MPx Header/Exhaust combo after winter or getting MPx Header/Exhaust combo before winter and then getting rid of the RRM Tuner and getting the Syked 2.4L Tune next year. I do want to see how the Syked Tune is without the MPx Header since it is built to run with it.
I would totally say go for it. The Spectrum seemed to be decent, but nothing will beat an actual ECU tune. If you don't plan on getting rid of your car, then i say do it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
If anyone needs a laser blue factory hood on the cheap let me know :LOL:
I might be interested if that's Devil's Lake Wisconsin. Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
4,809 Posts
Finally got the Sport hood painted and installed along with the rear dual exhaust bumper piece. Now i just need the tips and I'll be all set. If anyone needs a laser blue factory hood on the cheap let me know :LOL:
Are you looking for the factory tips or ones to put on there? I have a set of factory tips. Practically brand new! I would have to dig them up but I wouldn't be opposed to selling them if that is what you're looking for.

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
Devils Lake, ND but I think I'd let it go for next to nothing to make up for the freight.
Hmmm, just have to go through Minnesota. Google maps says 435 miles. I drove to Fargo to buy my Torred Dart. I'll check with the wife and let you know. Her Dart is Laser blue and right now her hood is fine but you never know. Is this hood near perfect?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmmm, just have to go through Minnesota. Google maps says 435 miles. I drove to Fargo to buy my Torred Dart. I'll check with the wife and let you know. Her Dart is Laser blue and right now her hood is fine but you never know. Is this hood near perfect?
As far as I know it is. When I get a chance to get back to our body shop i can grab a few pictures for you if you want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you looking for the factory tips or ones to put on there? I have a set of factory tips. Practically brand new! I would have to dig them up but I wouldn't be opposed to selling them if that is what you're looking for.
Yup I'm looking for the factory tips. Would just order them through work but even with my discount they're a bit on the expensive side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday, I finally fixed the solenoid. Drives like a new car. Did oil change too. I am having a problem with the "grill shutter" and I'm not sure how to fix that. Gotta do more research. TPMS lights are still on, which is kinda annoying. Other than that, though, I'm beginning to not completely hate it. I hope to some day modify it a little.

·
Super Moderator
3,492 Posts
Yesterday, I finally fixed the solenoid. Drives like a new car. Did oil change too. I am having a problem with the "grill shutter" and I'm not sure how to fix that. Gotta do more research. TPMS lights are still on, which is kinda annoying. Other than that, though, I'm beginning to not completely hate it. I hope to some day modify it a little.
Curious, what solenoid?
You probably smashed the AGS connector on a parking curb.
TPMS light can be disabled with alfaOBD.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I’ll let you know how it is. All the reviews I’ve read of the tune so far make it seem like a worthwhile upgrade but i don’t think anyone previously had a spectrum.

Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a short ram intake and slapped it on my '13 sxt for my first upgrade. I am absolutely loving how loud you can hear the turbo now! I'm wondering if there is even a point to getting a BOV at this point?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Prepping the Dart for Fall in New England. Washed it with Chemical Guys Black Light wash, clay barred the hood, front & trunk, did 2 coats of Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Finish & finally a coat of carnuba wax. I am sore, but it looks great.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
654 Posts
Prepping the Dart for Fall in New England. Washed it with Chemical Guys Black Light wash, clay barred the hood, front & trunk, did 2 coats of Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Finish & finally a coat of carnuba wax. I am sore, but it looks great.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Outstanding. What did you use for the red trim on the Mopar front, sides and rear?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Outstanding. What did you use for the red trim on the Mopar front, sides and rear?
From Amazon -
Red Oracal 651 Vinyl PinStriping, Pinstripes Tape for Autos, Bikes, Boats - Decals, Stickers, Striping, Pinstripes - 1/4"

I washed and dried the ground effects. I then used a clean cloth and rubbed the entire area where I was applying tape with 90%+ alcohol until there was no more residue coming off. I then took my time and laid the tape (not too tight, but not too much slack either). When finished, i wrapped a decal applicator tool in a cloth and ran against the entire length of tape to ensure it was all set. After a few days, and every time I wash, I put a layer of wax on it to help protect it.

Reactions: Killraven

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
From Amazon -
Red Oracal 651 Vinyl PinStriping, Pinstripes Tape for Autos, Bikes, Boats - Decals, Stickers, Striping, Pinstripes - 1/4"

I washed and dried the ground effects. I then used a clean cloth and rubbed the entire area where I was applying tape with 90%+ alcohol until there was no more residue coming off. I then took my time and laid the tape (not too tight, but not too much slack either). When finished, i wrapped a decal applicator tool in a cloth and ran against the entire length of tape to ensure it was all set. After a few days, and every time I wash, I put a layer of wax on it to help protect it.
I think it's a great subtle change and it goes along with the theme of the red interior parts. Something FCA should have offered on the original Mopar body parts. Looks great!

7141 - 7160 of 7229 Posts