Dodge Dart Forum banner

7081 - 7100 of 7131 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Picked up a used MPX ceramic coated header in preparation for the Syked stage 2 that should be released soon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ordered the MPx bundled chrome headers and stainless steel exhaust with mufflers for my 2.4! Hmmm maybe when I get this it’ll be motivation to update my build thread.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The OEM ground wires are covered with paint which means a poor connection or interrupted connection. This causes the touchscreen radio faults (reboots, white screen, blank screen) as well as making the engine idle very rough. The radio faults because it's not getting a complete circuit and ends up getting stuck in a loop. The idle issue I have no idea how it relates to the ground but there is a definite connection in my opinion. I also noticed that my rpms dropped about 200rpm when I turned on my headlights. The ground wire also fixed that issue.

There are a couple different ground locations inside the engine bay. The easiest to find is the ground from the battery terminal to the drivers side sheet metal inside the engine bay (next to the big fuse box). Take a look at yours, I bet it's covered in TorRed paint. I figured this ground was the most important so I simply ADDED a new ground wire from the battery to the drivers side sheet metal again. I kept the OEM ground that's covered in paint for now because I was too lazy to fish it out, but ideally it should be removed and replaced, along with all the other OEM ground wires.

I bought the ground wire from my local auto parts store for something like $8. They come in various lengths so you can choose the best fit for your application.
Outstanding and thanks so much.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I threw my old Injen intake into the car after i got off work. I didnt get a chance to drive it because i had a shot, but im hoping for some results tomorrow morning when i take it for a spin.

2019-06-28 18.46.56.jpg

2019-06-28 18.55.59.jpg

2019-06-28 19.12.35.jpg

I meant to cut off and remove my underbody LED's, but after a full days work, 2 hours driving then this i was pooped! Next weekend i guess...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I threw my old Injen intake into the car after i got off work. I didnt get a chance to drive it because i had a shot, but im hoping for some results tomorrow morning when i take it for a spin.

View attachment 117866

View attachment 117870

View attachment 117868

I meant to cut off and remove my underbody LED's, but after a full days work, 2 hours driving then this i was pooped! Next weekend i guess...
Had you gone back to OEM prior to this? If so, let us know what the "butt dyno" tells you about this change.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts

View attachment 117866

View attachment 117870

View attachment 117868

Had you gone back to OEM prior to this? If so, let us know what the "butt dyno" tells you about this change.

Yes and no.

I bought the thing back in 2016 and threw it on the car which it felt peppier but I noticed my fans kicking on more often in stop and go traffic. Come to find out it sucked in 130-149 degree air while stopped so I pulled it immediately.

The fans kick on when your IATs are 130 so if this is something you notice....we'll figure it out!

I ended up putting the stock airbox back in but I modified the snorkal so that it actually sucked air in from the outside. Stock it sucks air in from anything that bounces off the top of the radiator and typically hovers around 115 at which point I did some research and found that this temp was hit on purpose. Improved gas mileage and reduced emissions I guess from hotter IATs. Lame!

Really I thought that was the dumbest thing I've ever really looked into because yes, you get better economy on paper but the average person is just going to hit the pedal harder to keep up when you would actually save on gas by making it more effecient to begin with. Pen pushing science guys need to see what really happens in the real world and apply that to their calculations when they decide on what's best.

I've since opened the engine bay quite a bit since I first tried it so I expect the Injen intake to do quite well however...I am currently too hung over to drive.

Water is a concern so I have the prefilter and a rubber stopper for the fog light. Have you tried these pre filters?

They're amazing! I took this this thing under a sink with a shop vac sucking in air and expected it to flood my vac...not a drop! Obviously that doesn't mean you're river immune but definitely on the safer side of things of you use one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not just today but over the last couple of weeks
Wifes car got:
Racetrack lighting
New Kenwood touchscreen with sirus.
Mine got:
Updated reverse lockout cable
Mpx short shifter with angle correction. I was pretty happy that I could keep my M13 shift knob.
Today I'm painting an extra set of crosshairs for mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not just today but over the last couple of weeks
Wifes car got:
Racetrack lighting
New Kenwood touchscreen with sirus.
Mine got:
Updated reverse lockout cable
Mpx short shifter with angle correction. I was pretty happy that I could keep my M13 shift knob.
Today I'm painting an extra set of crosshairs for mine.
Show us some pics as you do your crosshairs!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Water is a concern so I have the prefilter and a rubber stopper for the fog light. Have you tried these pre filters?

They're amazing! I took this this thing under a sink with a shop vac sucking in air and expected it to flood my vac...not a drop! Obviously that doesn't mean you're river immune but definitely on the safer side of things of you use one.
Are you talking about the Injen made mesh filter cover you show in you pictures? If so, I purchased that along with my Injen CAI and have always had it on. I was concerned about the craterous potholes that fill with water in the spring time or plowing throw snow in the winter.

By the way, did you clean your filter after you had taken it off? If so, what did you do?

·
Registered
306 Posts

Are you talking about the Injen made mesh filter cover you show in you pictures? If so, I purchased that along with my Injen CAI and have always had it on. I was concerned about the craterous potholes that fill with water in the spring time or plowing throw snow in the winter.

By the way, did you clean your filter after you had taken it off? If so, what did you do?

Yep!

"Craterous potholes" lol my wife just drives over them and I'm like nice! There goes that rim, but thank God she has normal tires because it doesn't actually destroy the rim. I do however have a blown tire sitting in my backyard because of this...

I really didn't clean the filter but it looks brand new. In all honesty I just blew on it like an NES cartridge and threw it on. I think the little paper that came with it said to clean it every 3 years and had instructions for doing so though that of course is for 3 years active use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'm late to the Dart Party but since purchasing my 2013 Header Orange SXT, i have upgraded quite a bit. Ill update some pics as soon after i make 5 posts. I'm knocking out all the easy stuff first until my warranty is up. Here is my list thus far
LED Head\Fog lights
LED License plate and all internal lights
LED Light strips under dash and seats
30% Window tint all around
Plasti Dip Rear emblems, Mirror Caps, Door Handles, and Wheels black.
Orange Lug nut covers
Orange piping around vents and other misc spots
Orange Steering wheel cover
Orange Tire air caps

Future additions already purchase just not added:
Head and tail light 20% tint
Vinyl Racing side stripe
Rear Spoiler
Front and side EZ Lip

Pretty much any cosmetic change i've found on the forum. Im debating getting the shark fin antenna but i dont mind the one that is on there now!

Now i just need to figure out how to make some engine upgrades without ruining this thing! Pictures to come soon

·
Registered
873 Posts

I have driven through some seriously torrential downpours and minor flooding with mine, and had zero issue. When checking the filter area afterwards, it was barely even damp. There was no noticeable water anywhere. Really your only worry is going to be if you get stupid and drive through water that's something like a foot deep.

Now for what I did today. :)

I finally fixed the Dart up and drove it for the first time since March. I had stopped driving it because of an evap code, and the impending recall on the trans. I also knew that I needed to fix a bulb and the horn, so just drove other car for a while. Today I got under it, found a vacuum hose that was disconnected (probably from the last time I was under there, or from the last oil change). Hooked it up, cleared the code, and the error hasn't come back. I also found out the the horn is dead, and wasn't surprised since it was only questionable working when I stopped driving. Lastly I replaced yet another ballast from TRS. (I swear, back in 2010 I swore by their products, but lately I can't get a ballast to last longer than a few months.) It's really sad when you keep a spare set on hand because you expect them to fail. At least they're free while under warranty.

I have to say, after driving the HR-V for a few months, I really missed that turbo.

Now I just got to figure out the horn issue, and why the hell Fuse F20 under the hood set itself on fire at some point.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Changed the transmission fluid in my 2.4. Pretty simple once it’s jacked up. Drain out the old fluid. Take out the vent plug and fill plug and add exactly 5qts.

Also installed the MPX header & high flow cat and it sounds absolutely horrible with the heartthrob exhaust. I’m contemplating whether I want to just take it off and go back to stock or order some of the vibrant ultra quiet resonators that MPX sells and put them in place of the glass packs on the heart throb system.

Also installed the lightweight water pump pulley but can’t really comment on any increases because I don’t want to floor it with the header.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Changed the transmission fluid in my 2.4. Pretty simple once it’s jacked up. Drain out the old fluid. Take out the vent plug and fill plug and add exactly 5qts.

Also installed the MPX header & high flow cat and it sounds absolutely horrible with the heartthrob exhaust. I’m contemplating whether I want to just take it off and go back to stock or order some of the vibrant ultra quiet resonators that MPX sells and put them in place of the glass packs on the heart throb system.

Also installed the lightweight water pump pulley but can’t really comment on any increases because I don’t want to floor it with the header.
with modding the heartthrob catback you might get a better sound but the best choice is still the mpx catback. Instead I would sell the heartthrob and get mpx

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
with modding the heartthrob catback you might get a better sound but the best choice is still the mpx catback. Instead I would sell the heartthrob and get mpx
That’s what I’m thinking. By the time I buy the 2 vibrant ultra quiet resonators and pay to get them welded in it would just be cheaper to sell the heart throb and buy the MPX exhaust. It’s too bad that shipping is killer to Canada. I’ve already decided to remove the header until I can get the exhaust sorted out

·
Registered
692 Posts
That’s what I’m thinking. By the time I buy the 2 vibrant ultra quiet resonators and pay to get them welded in it would just be cheaper to sell the heart throb and buy the MPX exhaust. It’s too bad that shipping is killer to Canada. I’ve already decided to remove the header until I can get the exhaust sorted out
yeah I know about the shipping... The header in ceramic with the catback came to around 2300$cad last year and I did save a bit because the person who ordered it live at 5 min from the border and he have a po box

·
Registered
260 Posts
i'm late to the Dart Party but since purchasing my 2013 Header Orange SXT, i have upgraded quite a bit. Ill update some pics as soon after i make 5 posts. I'm knocking out all the easy stuff first until my warranty is up. Here is my list thus far
LED Head\Fog lights
LED License plate and all internal lights
LED Light strips under dash and seats
30% Window tint all around
Plasti Dip Rear emblems, Mirror Caps, Door Handles, and Wheels black.
Orange Lug nut covers
Orange piping around vents and other misc spots
Orange Steering wheel cover
Orange Tire air caps

Future additions already purchase just not added:
Head and tail light 20% tint
Vinyl Racing side stripe
Rear Spoiler
Front and side EZ Lip

Pretty much any cosmetic change i've found on the forum. Im debating getting the shark fin antenna but i dont mind the one that is on there now!

Now i just need to figure out how to make some engine upgrades without ruining this thing! Pictures to come soon
looking forward to the pictures of your trim work in orange

·
Registered
650 Posts
Inspection, change cabin filter, new set of the best RainEx wipers, new set of Sumitumos, 4 for price of 3 from dealer. Washed , bug removal front, Meguires wax. Replaced 1 screw on my rear drivers Rokblokz. Road trip tomorrow from Pittsburgh to Richmond.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Removed the MPX header. I really enjoyed the increase in performance but it made the exhaust way too loud and raspy. I researched a bunch of different options and in the end I didn’t want to cut up my heart throb exhaust to modify it for the header. Header has been posted for sale

7081 - 7100 of 7131 Posts
About this Discussion
7.1K Replies
883 Participants
dlothemartian
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing