Dodge Dart Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 7132 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
"after a trip to a carshow..." ? Hand prints?
I should have said to make the car shiny during the carshow since I won't have access to any water

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's been a while back, I asked somebody on the forum which brand of 'waterless' car wash they used (maybe @Captain Slow ?), I did a google search for waterless car wash yesterday and there were mixed opinions on it. Which is true of anything.......
Rinseless washing, done right, is no more harmful than a one/two bucket wash. I have rinseless washed for over five years and have not experienced any marring or scratching that so many attach to it. I have used it on white, silver, grey, dark red and black vehicles. Many top professional detailers use it on vehicles far far more expensive and exclusive than our Darts.

My preferred method is to place one gallon of water in a bucket mixed with 1 oz. of rinseless wash. Into this I place 6 high quality microfiber towels to soak while I go out to the garage. I fill a 32 oz. pump sprayer with water and 1 oz. of rinseless wash. I start on the roof pre-spraying each panel and work my way down the vehicle top to bottom. I gently glide the mf towel across the surface using no more pressure than I would use when doing a two bucket wash. I overlap onto the next panel just for paranoia sake and then dry each panel after washing with a microfiber waffle weave towel. I fold both washing and drying towels into quarters giving me 8 separate surfaces to use. Each towel is never re-introduced back into the wash bucket after use. They go in the laundry basket for washing along with the drying towels after they become too wet to continue using for drying.

One time saver I also use is to spray each panel after washing but before drying with spray detailer or spray wax then drying and buffing.

I have used all of the following washes and can recommend each and everyone:
Adam's Rinseless Wash, my favorite
Optimum No Rinse-ONR
ONR wash and wax
Black Fire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash
DuraGloss Rinseless Wash with Autowax
DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss

I also used to use the now discontinued Turtle Wax version. Sad it didn't make it as getting that over the counter for about $5 a bottle was nice.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Last Saturday I didn't see a pothole and blew out the right rear tire. Today I found that the right front inner wheel is bent as a result of that pothole. I expect the tire that was punctured to be bent as well. Today I took off the 18s and put the stock 17s back on with the craptastic Kuhmo KH25 tires.

Not sure what the fate of the 18s will be as of right now.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Rinseless washing, done right, is no more harmful than a one/two bucket wash. I have rinseless washed for over five years and have not experienced any marring or scratching that so many attach to it. I have used it on white, silver, grey, dark red and black vehicles. Many top professional detailers use it on vehicles far far more expensive and exclusive than our Darts.

My preferred method is to place one gallon of water in a bucket mixed with 1 oz. of rinseless wash. Into this I place 6 high quality microfiber towels to soak while I go out to the garage. I fill a 32 oz. pump sprayer with water and 1 oz. of rinseless wash. I start on the roof pre-spraying each panel and work my way down the vehicle top to bottom. I gently glide the mf towel across the surface using no more pressure than I would use when doing a two bucket wash. I overlap onto the next panel just for paranoia sake and then dry each panel after washing with a microfiber waffle weave towel. I fold both washing and drying towels into quarters giving me 8 separate surfaces to use. Each towel is never re-introduced back into the wash bucket after use. They go in the laundry basket for washing along with the drying towels after they become too wet to continue using for drying.

One time saver I also use is to spray each panel after washing but before drying with spray detailer or spray wax then drying and buffing.

I have used all of the following washes and can recommend each and everyone:
Adam's Rinseless Wash, my favorite
Optimum No Rinse-ONR
ONR wash and wax
Black Fire Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash
DuraGloss Rinseless Wash with Autowax
DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss

I also used to use the now discontinued Turtle Wax version. Sad it didn't make it as getting that over the counter for about $5 a bottle was nice.
Great informative post :wink: Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Gave up watching the Lions at halftime... Will always root for my "hometown" team but sometimes enough is enough... Lol

So instead, I went out and washed, waxed, cleaned the interior, and rain-x'd the windows on my Dart. Much more productive than sitting in the house watching my team lose, AGAIN!

Sent from my S5 using DodgeDart

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Gave up watching the Lions at halftime... Will always root for my "hometown" team but sometimes enough is enough... Lol

So instead, I went out and washed, waxed, cleaned the interior, and rain-x'd the windows on my Dart. Much more productive than sitting in the house watching my team lose, AGAIN!

Sent from my S5 using DodgeDart
Could be worse. You could be a Bears fan.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Could be worse. You could be a Bears fan.
The Bears have won a lot of division titles and have claim to one of the greatest teams in NFL history, 1985. Bears suck now but they won't be down for long. I turned lions game off at 14-3. No one but the lions can make Alex smith look like Steve young. I went to pep boys and Home Depot to get supplies to clean my steel wheels, remove the rust, and give them a fresh coat of fresh paint for winter... But I had to postpone the project until I can go to tire store and get the valve stems and TPMS removed from wheel.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Time for winter tires! I just got some Michelin - X-Ice Xi3 installed today

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
winter is coming to Denver this weekend, and colorado sprays a TON of mag chloride to de-ice the roads, and it will destroy your expensive wheels. i wont run any wheel other than my steelies once the cold weather turns. so i cleaned up my OEM 16 inch steel wheels. removed rust with steel brush. cleaned off grease and other gunk with brillo pads. rinsed them off. let em dry. sprayed primer. then hit them with 3 coats of black spray paint. then put on glossy clearcoat. they turned out OK. not great. not terrible. hope they look better than they did last year.

now i need to find some cool looking hub caps to cover up the crappy looking dust covers and lug nuts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just ordered my @DeyemeRacing rear drivetrain mount in the flex hardness, I can't wait since I've heard so many great reviews!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Currently using the trunk and back seats folded down kind of like a truck bed. Sometimes I miss not having a truck. I currently have 3 18" wheels with tires, 2 Nexen tires to replace the one that was blown out 2 weeks ago, tool box, and a bunch of little other things.

I plan on getting the car cleaned out today. Otherwise most of my time will be spent on the 71 Charger with installing new parts now that everything is removed that needs to be.

5041 - 5060 of 7132 Posts
About this Discussion
7.1K Replies
883 Participants
Gunny Jr
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing