Dodge Dart Forum banner

4901 - 4920 of 7132 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
^^^. Exactly what I did, left the turbo badge, but pulled everything else dodge off the car. They don't pay me to advertise for them :)
I would do that but I work at a Dodge dealership so they pay my bills so I'm a little more inclined to leave the word Dodge on my car now lol. I also put on a dealer plate frame to maybe bring more attention to the place I work at.

Meanwhile, I ordered a set of anti-flicker and error cancelers for my HID set last night. Hope they get here before Wednesday. I don't really have any other plans for my car this year. Most of my attention is going towards my '71 Charger now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I rinseless washed it then drove the family to my mom's retirement village for Grandparent's Day. My daughters got their faces painted, balloon guy made them balloon animals, the creepy m**** f****** clown came by and got the hairy eyebrow from me. I f******hate clowns. Then we had burgers and dogs on the patio followed by ice cream sundaes. A great day, 'cept for that clown...reminded me too much of Gacy. :crazy:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I spent my day giving the dart an oil change, cleaned my CAI filter, tire rotation and adjusted inflation, new spark plugs, then I removed the front bumper and deleted the crosshair and dodge badge up front. It looks pretty good but I still may play around with how I have it mounted. over all pretty happy with how it went.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
autolite Copper 5325's, gapped to stock recommendations. this is my second set. I think they do get rid of a bit of throttle lag and run a little smoother in the car than the stock plugs. plus they're dirt cheap so I can swap them every few oil changes.
great to hear, and yes they are a great addition to the 2.0/2.4 NA's :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Pulled the front bumper and mocked up the new fogs... (i.e. Super bright flood/rallye lights)

View attachment 55220

Keep in mind these just have the brackets duct taped in place, and no measurements were taken to make them evenly spaced or whatever, I just wanted to get an idea of how it would look....

View attachment 55221

They're too big to fit in there with any part of the AGS still installed. I'll have to completely remove all of it (which I'm not really comfortable doing, especially while still under warranty) if I keep the lights. Also the only place to mount them would be drilling through the aluminum bumper, and modifying, or getting completely different brackets than the ones they came with. They were too short to let the lights hang straight forward. With the included brackets, mounting them as low as possible on the bumper, the top of the light hits the bottom of the bumper angling them downward at about a 10-15 degree angle. That wouldn't help much to illuminate the road in FRONT of me...

I REALLY like the look of them behind the bumper, they fill the whole bottom grill, but none of the LED's would be behind it while on, just some of the red frame around the light would be blocked. So they're pretty much a perfect fit, minus what I mentioned above...

So what do y'all think, make the necessary changes and keep them? Or send them back, get a refund, and get smaller ones that should fit with no modifications?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using DodgeDart

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pulled the front bumper and mocked up the new fogs... (i.e. Super bright flood/rallye lights)

View attachment 55220

Keep in mind these just have the brackets duct taped in place, and no measurements were taken to make them evenly spaced or whatever, I just wanted to get an idea of how it would look....

View attachment 55221

They're too big to fit in there with any part of the AGS still installed. I'll have to completely remove all of it (which I'm not really comfortable doing, especially while still under warranty) if I keep the lights. Also the only place to mount them would be drilling through the aluminum bumper, and modifying, or getting completely different brackets than the ones they came with. They were too short to let the lights hang straight forward. With the included brackets, mounting them as low as possible on the bumper, the top of the light hits the bottom of the bumper angling them downward at about a 10-15 degree angle. That wouldn't help much to illuminate the road in FRONT of me...

I REALLY like the look of them behind the bumper, they fill the whole bottom grill, but none of the LED's would be behind it while on, just some of the red frame around the light would be blocked. So they're pretty much a perfect fit, minus what I mentioned above...

So what do y'all think, make the necessary changes and keep them? Or send them back, get a refund, and get smaller ones that should fit with no modifications?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using DodgeDart
Radam3, I have actually been thinking about a similar set up with some Hella 500 spot lights. From one of my previous posts: Well I very roughly mocked up a cardboard bracket for the lights. I was thinking of mounting them on some very sturdy plastic that helps to secure the front fascia. The bracket could attach at two points up top, and also a small bolt could attach to the bottom of the hood release mechanism. Off of this bracket there could be two brackets going forward which are placed through the mesh in the grill, and then a vertical piece which lowers the mounting of the lights so that aerodynamics are less affected. I am holding off on this project for now since I am not that good at welding, but I may tackle it in the future.

For those of you that may be interested, I have posted my mock-ups. The green are the bolts, blue is the main bracket, red are the extension brackets, and the yellow and silver brackets may be required for extra support if there is vibration.
View attachment 55226 View attachment 55227

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also ordered a set of the Rally Armor universal basic mud flaps that I am excited to install, and a shout out to @marqis for the write up on how to install the rears! Thanks :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nothing. I got home at 3:40pm Saturday after work and the car has not moved since then. All I did was put a 20" 1/2" drive extension in the back seat. Need that extension so I can reach the oil filter canister cap in the Fiat 500s with the 1.4L engines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did a wastegate adjustment yesterday, topped fluids and filled tires. Today I did another wastegate adjustment and took my new car for a test run. Emphasize on NEW. This adjustment did wonders to tame the beast that is Dart. Was a little freaked out when I heard a "cling, clang, shooom!" coming over the hill at 90 in 4th...until I realized it was just the socket I dropped and lost while doing the adjustment:D ahaha at least I know where it is now...a farm field in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Them husky liners are one of the best things i've added.
In other news I started my first day at carmax. Not a bad first 9 hours.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I finally washed the car after 3 weeks with lot of rain and will get the mopar side sill and slush mat tomorrow or friday since winter is coming

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Patched my rear driver's side tire today. I apparently picked up a drywall nail or something small like that in my tire. My tire pressure was down to 40 psi when the rest were 44, then after 2 days of sitting it was at 27 psi.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I got off work early and took the dart to my local exhaust shop, had them cut out the stock resonator and put a SS heartthrob flowpack in it's place. Got rid of the pops/crackles/backfire noises between shifts (I've never been a huge fan of that) and gave it a deeper tone but still stock volume until i'm in the upper RPMS.

4901 - 4920 of 7132 Posts
About this Discussion
7.1K Replies
883 Participants
Gunny Jr
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing