Dodge Dart Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just drove and enjoyed my Dart with the Skyed ECU, MPX Head & Exhaust and other bolt-ons on this fine summer night. Everything I wanted my Dart to be. I know it is not "fast", but I love the look and feel of this 6-speed little car.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
So far so good with the new ignition coils. I couldn't do my 500 mile trip due to unseen circumstances, so I did I quick 50 mile rip around town and everything seems good. The engine is pulling strong again and feels pretty good to me. My check engine light finally turned off for the battery disconnect which also means the original code which set it off during the misfiring was fixed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe you have not experienced any difference, but I have. My car gets better gas mileage with a higher octane gas. And depends on what gas station I get it from also. Shell seems to be the best in my area
On a naturally aspirated stock engine, higher octane fuel provides zero performance or fuel mileage benefit but can result in higher emissions due to incomplete burn. Unless you have the 1.4T, the only difference would be from fuel quality and difference in driving habits.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Got it a brother

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Almost got T-Boned by a red light runner this morning. Luckily the Dart has excellent brakes and I managed to avoid it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Wow. Can't believe this thread has gone so long with out any posts. Anyway, enjoyed the hell out of my Dart on a sunny Saturday. All the windows and sun roof open, no radio, just listening to the exhaust notes as I go up and down my 6 speed. Love this little car.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: jsblanch

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Oil change at almost exactly 4,000 miles. I had installed the MPx Catch Can on the last change as well. Catch Can appeared to be almost full. About an 1/8 of a quart (or just about 1/2 a cup).

It has been almost a year since I did the last change. Been putting on hardly any miles while working from home. Still not going back to the office until September.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Dove back into paint correction yesterday and today to fix an issue at the front of the car. Learned a lot from previous attempts and practiced my method on a piece of scrap metal.

Taped off area and then wet sanded with 600 grit. Four layers of primer, five layers of base (did so many because on the third can the spray can shot out some globs that had to be fixed) and four layers of clear coat.

After drying over night, I wet sanded with 2000, 3000 and 5000 grit. Finished off with Chemical Guys V32 cutting compound and Meguiars Polish.

While not perfect (there is a faint line on one side, a clear coat run and "orange peel") it is a marked improvement.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Reactions: Mass_Paul

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dove back into paint correction yesterday and today to fix an issue at the front of the car. Learned a lot from previous attempts and practiced my method on a piece of scrap metal.

Taped off area and then wet sanded with 600 grit. Four layers of primer, five layers of base (did so many because on the third can the spray can shot out some globs that had to be fixed) and four layers of clear coat.

After drying over night, I wet sanded with 2000, 3000 and 5000 grit. Finished off with Chemical Guys V32 cutting compound and Meguiars Polish.

While not perfect (there is a faint line on one side, a clear coat run and "orange peel") it is a marked improvement.

I think you need more clear coat because that paint looks a little cloudy.........

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I think you need more clear coat because that paint looks a little cloudy.........
There are four coats of clear. I am the issue regarding that part. Too much quick sprays and not enough long, wet passes. Caused too much "orange peel" that I could not sand out properly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry Paul, it was a joke because there were clouds reflected in the hood. lol Guess I'm not that funny.....

141 - 155 of 155 Posts