Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over at Fitfreak.net we had a LONG ongoing thread about day to day activities and mods that people have done to their Hondas.
(eg. Washed and waxed her, took her to the drive-in, installed a new exhaust system today)

So tell me, what did you do to your Dart today?

PS. Pictures welcome!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Washed it and sweep it out from our trip to watch our girl in color guard yesterday. I put 200 miles on it. Almost doubled my miles. lol

Reactions: ccrawford929

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well like any woman expects, I drove her hard. Fed her 93 octane. Wiped all the grime off of her after I was finished. Bought her some extra trim. And made something for her with my own two hands. Man is she happy.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Got one in Belleville, IL.
There's one in Santee,Ca too. Great prices - 8$ double-feature. They even have a battery jumper for those who drain their batteries with their car audio systems (uses a radio frequency for the audio)

Well like any woman expects, I drove her hard. Fed her 93 octane. Wiped all the grime off of her after I was finished. Bought her some extra trim. And made something for her with my own two hands. Man is she happy.
You do realize that there is absolutely no performance change with an increase in octane number, right? Does nothing to keep the engine cleaner, healthier or whatever. Just letting you know, cause I'm sure you don't want to be spending the money for nothing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Actually. The higher octane does help with performance. Also I have found from experience I get better gas mileage meaning the extra cost of $2 or so per fillup nets me about 80 more miles or so per tank.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually. The higher octane does help with performance. Also I have found from experience I get better gas mileage meaning the extra cost of $2 or so per fillup nets me about 80 more miles or so per tank.
I dont. I havent noticed any difference at all from the tank that was in the car when I bought it to the 92/93 that ive been filling up with since.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well it was yesterday, but I washed and waxed it. Never hand waxed a car before. Damn that Redline Red looks good in the sun after a fresh coat of wax!

As far as octane goes, if it really makes no difference then why would they recommend 91 for some and 87 for the others? I realize if the car is not designed for higher octane it won't matter, but it sure felt more lively when I put in the 91 (1.4T). And I've seen that some people are using 93 because they can't get 91 and don't want to go down to 89 so they go up to 93.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Eh. Either way. I see a difference. Could be driving habit between us. Who knows. :) my wife's car also states premium and she too has seen a difference in better MPH after she switched.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I see a difference

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL. Treat her right and she'll let you ride her all night long. ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I see a difference too in mpg with the higher octane. Maybe 93 isn't needed but going from 87 to 93 has given me 3-5 or so more mpg (depending on if I drive it or my husband).

Also I am very happy to find that it holds over a gallon of windshield wiper fluid so I don't have to have that annoying last inch or two left in the bottle when I fill it up. I put in a gallon and finished off two other bottles I had laying around to fill it up from empty. I use RainX fluid but now without a rear wiper system I think I may have to hand apply some RainX to the back window.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dropped my friend off at LAX.. and on the way back doing about 70 mph on the 105 fwy a huge dog ran across the freeway. I barely missed him, he must have been within a foot of the car. It was way to close of a call. Just crazy that I put over 1500 miles on the car in the last week.. and this happens within 30 miles of my place. So glad I missed that dog. That would have been a mess.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Saturday I went with a group and went up and down a mountain. It's a very fun road. I managed to keep up with 2 Evos, 2 IS300s, 4 SRT4s, a GTR, and 2 Civics. It was an awesome weekend, haha.

Reactions: Khaos17
1 - 20 of 144 Posts