Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A black Maserati, and FCA family member, courtesy vehicle (wonder what their actual vehicle is). View attachment 112650

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
A black Maserati, and FCA family member, courtesy vehicle (wonder what their actual vehicle is). View attachment 112650

There is a couple who live near my job and have a black maserati and a white one .I see them every once in a while hauling ass down the road kicking up dirt all over my dart. Nice looking cars but sound like shit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
This pic is from the other day I'm just lazy but I just got back from the store where I parked next to it again in the same spot

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is a nice dart I saw the other day while driving thru a parking lot so I had to take a pic

·
Registered
344 Posts
Lets change this up a bit. The game is Where's waldo except waldo is my Dart.

Hint - i parked next to an oversized truck, but even without that this should be easy.

View attachment 113266

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Me and my coworker both have blacked out darts. We stick together in the parking lot lol.
Love the stripes. Did you do those yourself?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Me and my coworker both have blacked out darts. We stick together in the parking lot lol.
Love the stripes. Did you do those yourself?

Thank you very much. Yes 3M 1080 series vinyl wrap. I highly recommend it, I’ve wrapped some trim pieces in my interior with it as well. I will be posting a thread whenever I get rid of this “less than 20 posts” thread restriction haha

·
Registered
94 Posts
How did you do the splitter on the bottom to have red. I have the two stripes on my fender Im just curious as to how you managed that.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How did you do the splitter on the bottom to have red. I have the two stripes on my fender Im just curious as to how you managed that.
For me anyway, in another thread I was directed to use 1/4" pinstripping tape. Purchased it on Amazon and took me about an hour to do all of the ground effects.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had to go and make things hard on myself because I can be kinda ocd about colors matching perfectly. Bought an extra roll of the same color 3M vinyl wrap I used on the fender hash and fog accents. Cut it straight into a strip and meticulously laid it on the splitter so it would be perfectly aligned.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You should get everyone else at work to buy a dart so that the parking lot looks, and exudes, impressive. Nice touch with the stripes btw!
I've already influenced two people into getting a dart in the year and a half time span i've had mine, they love them too! And Thank you, I think they really set off the look of it, people assume my car is fast now lol :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Parked next to a slick looking Magnum. Thing looked like it just rolled off the line.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
A de-badged modded El Camino. Had a Harley-Davidson sticker in the back and the paint scheme appeared to go with a Harley-Davidson theme. Also had a sprayed in rubberized bed. Could hear the exhaust a mile away after it left, just like a Harley.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A de-badged modded El Camino. Had a Harley-Davidson sticker in the back and the paint scheme appeared to go with a Harley-Davidson theme. Also had a sprayed in rubberized bed. Could hear the exhaust a mile away after it left, just like a Harley.

Growing up i never really understood why someone would want one of these...They (in my head) were wannabe trucks, but i also did not grow up in the 70s to really know what the drive was for these if there even was one...

Then i saw what my father in law does with his Ranchero and i got it - it clicked. These cars are BAD ASS!

His Ranchero is bagged, custom painted, custom striped, 5.0 Coyote, bed lined with steel plates, etc and when i first saw it i thought he put too much into this thing then we went to the junkyard to pickup a motor and a mixer. For those that dont know lifting a motor into the back of a truck is not fun if you dont have a lift, but if you have something lower like this its a freaking godsend making your day so much easier though its still a pain to pull one.
I went to pickup a compresser not too long ago with a 5.5 hp motor and 2 30 gallon stacked tanks in which i was not looking forward to lifting it into the truck. First i called him and asked to borrow the f250 for this which was stupid then i asked if he could bring his Ranchero over which made so much more sense. We basically slid the thing in on an angled driveway and slid the thing out in my dirt driveway, life is good!

As a person that does not like Ford id take THAT El Camino over the Ranchero any day, but thats just my take on these cars which in the end is BAD ASS!

Also i love the red lining on your car!

21 - 40 of 90 Posts