Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think 400 he is a stretch. My guess would be low 300s with potential for over 400 easy just depends if they give us a tray that can handle the power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can get an awd cherokee with the 2.4 so i would assume it will be the same. Not sure if the trans are different or not between the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder, but i know the crawl ratios are different between the two in the trailhawk trim. not sure how they get the different ratios, but they are there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just wonder about the 9spd transaxle tq capacity. I dont think theres a current variant that will meet the needs of the awd dart srt. The fwd turbo dart should be fine using the same setup as the pentastar powered 200. I know chrysler has a close relationship with zf in which they can alter the basic design to suit specfic needs

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
you can get an awd cherokee with the 2.4 so i would assume it will be the same. Not sure if the trans are different or not between the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder, but i know the crawl ratios are different between the two in the trailhawk trim. not sure how they get the different ratios, but they are there.
Yes, but the Jeep awd system serves an entirely different propose than an srt dart will. No crawl ratios necessary. Whether it will be active awd, Or full time, who k knows.

·
Registered
148 Posts
go to 2015 Chrysler 200 - Next Generation Midsize Sedan and build one, you can get the awd system with either the 2.4 or the 3.6
and it is probably a PTU similar to what the journey uses as the motors are transversely mounted.
Yeah, different combinations are possible, but just try to get an AWD without a 6 CYL or get a 200 *C with all the options that doesn't have a six and AWD. You would have to do a factory order to get what you want, and factory orders usually don't allow you to get much of a deal!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah, different combinations are possible, but just try to get an AWD without a 6 CYL or get a 200 *C with all the options that doesn't have a six and AWD. You would have to do a factory order to get what you want, and factory orders usually don't allow you to get much of a deal!
yes i was mistaken with saying the AWD can be had with either engine
i wish it was that way tho

·
Registered
103 Posts
What makes you say that? I give factory order customers the same deal I would give to someone who was buying something from my lot.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
DSRT will require a specific setup but it will be based upon the system used in the 200 AWD. There is not a production 9hp that can handle the expected output of the DSRT but the current 200 set up is close.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Anyone have an idea of what awd system might be used in the dsrt?
Nope. Could be the same style system used in the Cherokee & Renegade. It's unlikely to be exactly the same, as the SRT dart will be throwing out more torque than the v6 does.

That said, will they be automatic/reactive awd system, such as in the baser Cherokee & Renegade or full-time awd; that's the question.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
14 Participants
SwayD
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing