Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_4072.JPG IMG_4073.JPG IMG_4074.JPG

New to fixing my car, i have had it since 2012 and iv taken it from NC to HI to TX and drove it to Cali. It failed smog and i just ran an OBD2 scan that came back to the fuel injector as the issue. I popped off the 5hp plastic engine cover and i see this, what in the hell am i looking at, is it suppose to look like its gotten into a bar fight?

I dont have one and iv been searching the internet for it but does anyone have a picture that breaks down where everything is under the hood? I am a total newb to cars i can put gas in it change a tire if i worst case scenario i could change the oil but im to lazy to do it still i just need to know what im looking for and how to find it as well as what this is in the photos.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
View attachment 114254 View attachment 114256 View attachment 114258

New to fixing my car, i have had it since 2012 and iv taken it from NC to HI to TX and drove it to Cali. It failed smog and i just ran an OBD2 scan that came back to the fuel injector as the issue. I popped off the 5hp plastic engine cover and i see this, what in the hell am i looking at, is it suppose to look like its gotten into a bar fight?

I dont have one and iv been searching the internet for it but does anyone have a picture that breaks down where everything is under the hood? I am a total newb to cars i can put gas in it change a tire if i worst case scenario i could change the oil but im to lazy to do it still i just need to know what im looking for and how to find it as well as what this is in the photos.
You are looking at the turbos heat shield. The injectors are on the other side of the engine. They are on the top by the intake manifold...

The intake manifold in under the circled item in the first picture... The second and third picture are the fuel rail taken out with and without the injectors.

Sent using a rotary phone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts