Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my 2016 Dodge Dart SE 2.0L for a little over a year now and since I had bought it a weird noise has been coming from the front passenger side of the vehicle whenever I go over bumps. The best way I can describe the noise is kind of like a rattle. I tried to look into it and thought it had something to do with the shot control arm and a few other things within the front assembly so I bought some parts and attempted to fix the issue. The parts that I had replaced were the: lower control arms, sway bar links, struts, wheel hubs for a completely different reason, and both the inner and outer tie rods. Even after replacing those things I have yet to fix the issue. Every once in a while though whenever I go over a bump I can feel something beneath my feet hit the bottom of the car as the noise ensues. If anyone has any idea as to what is making the noise and why I would greatly appreciate feedback.

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
Did you replace the strut mounts?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I’ve had my 2016 Dodge Dart SE 2.0L for a little over a year now and since I had bought it a weird noise has been coming from the front passenger side of the vehicle whenever I go over bumps. The best way I can describe the noise is kind of like a rattle. I tried to look into it and thought it had something to do with the shot control arm and a few other things within the front assembly so I bought some parts and attempted to fix the issue. The parts that I had replaced were the: lower control arms, sway bar links, struts, wheel hubs for a completely different reason, and both the inner and outer tie rods. Even after replacing those things I have yet to fix the issue. Every once in a while though whenever I go over a bump I can feel something beneath my feet hit the bottom of the car as the noise ensues. If anyone has any idea as to what is making the noise and why I would greatly appreciate feedback.
The noise also happens every once in a while whenever i step into my vehicle

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
Look for a lost bolt or broken bolt where the exhaust pipe meets the cross under pipe and where the cross under pipe meets the cat.

· Registered
4 Posts

I had the same issue one day. It came from my tire. the tire pressure sensor came off so it was just hanging inside the tire. Made a rattle noise whenever I went over bumps.

· Registered
57 Posts
When my RH motor mount went bad, when the engine was hot after driving it a while, I would get a knocking rattle...hard to describe it. It rattled, but it was solid, I originally thought it was the exhaust pipe against the frame somewhere. You could feel it in the car, so it was more than just the noise. Yours is going over bumps....mine was just when the car got hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts