Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '13 Dart 1.4 6spd is having this issue-

When driving, if I am in lower RPM (2200 to approx 3000rpm) the car kinda hesitates/kicks/shudders while also making a noise. To avoid this I now downshift to bring the revs up about 3500 to catch the speed I need to attain. I had an issue with the ignition coil this past winter for cylinder 1, so Im thinking maybe another coil is bad? OR, im wondering if its my clutch slipping hard on the gears in low rpm? No lights will come on when it happens either, unless I force the car to keep doing it, and the engine light will turn on, but then go off in a few moments after it stops. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Intake valve stuck?
Fuel solenoid?
I'd also recommend getting an obdII Bluetooth scanner so you can log it on your phone as it happens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts

When driving, if I am in lower RPM (2200 to approx 3000rpm) the car kinda hesitates/kicks/shudders while also making a noise. To avoid this I now downshift to bring the revs up about 3500 to catch the speed I need to attain. I had an issue with the ignition coil this past winter for cylinder 1, so Im thinking maybe another coil is bad? OR, im wondering if its my clutch slipping hard on the gears in low rpm? No lights will come on when it happens either, unless I force the car to keep doing it, and the engine light will turn on, but then go off in a few moments after it stops. Any suggestions?
Yes, this is exactly why when you replace coilpacks, you should replace all 4. Odds are you either blew out another coil or your plugs are going bad. What is your mileage and have you change plugs or any other coils than the one?

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts

Is the light flashing? If so, you have a misfire, and it's probably either a coil (you should replace all of them, as has been mentioned) or the plugs. You should address it sooner than later, as this type of misfire can damage/plug the catalytic converter, by allowing unburned fuel into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts