Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Without the gasket that goes around the actual headlamp? If that's the case, that wouldn't cause it. Undoubtedly it's caused by night condensation (e.g. drop in temperature) and the access it now has into the headlamp itself via the HID installation.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well obviously humidity got in and the temperature dropped enough to make it condense into water droplets. When you say "without the gasket" do you mean the round cover you have to twist off to get to the bulbs? If so just put them back on after you dry them. I have HID's too and just drilled a hole in then for the wire wich I then plugged with silicone. Your headlights need to be sealed or you will always have that problem.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Without the gasket, as even with trimming the tabs I coulsnt get the 9006 bulb to fit. It fits without gasket and hadnt had any issues since February until just last night. I am guessing actually that since I drove through what seemed like a monsoon the other night, water got in there. Like 6" of water for like 15 miles.

I thought about drilling the holes but I don't want to because I know that will void warranty. I could of played dymb and just stuck the factory bulb and called it good and went there and got replacement, but wanted to try this first. And it worked very well. No water droplets yet. The hairdryer fits in there very well ans rests itself on the tire so I can just watch it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am waiting on a replacement set of headlights right now. Your headlights should never get condensation in them. I was washing my car and both headlights started to fog up so I took it to the dealership. They checked it with some tool and came back to me and said they are ordering me a new set of headlights. It's under warranty. If I were you I would get it checked out and see what they can do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am waiting on a replacement set of headlights right now. Your headlights should never get condensation in them. I was washing my car and both headlights started to fog up so I took it to the dealership. They checked it with some tool and came back to me and said they are ordering me a new set of headlights. It's under warranty. If I were you I would get it checked out and see what they can do.
Don't HIDs require drilling in the factory bulb mounting seal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts