Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick Forum search and didn't find this posted anywhere yet, I'm probably the only Dart owner in history with this problem, lol!!

20016 Dart GT, the left side hinge to windshield trim also has a "notch" that the washer hose fits in. On mine, the hose has obviously been rubbing on the fender edge and has managed to slice the washer hose almost in two!! The hose is of course nylon and will be very difficult to permanently repair. It won't be covered by the extended warranty (which I'm fine with) and isn't a million dollar piece.

Maybe just take a peek at the hose in that hinge area to see if you're not experiencing the same issue.

That's all for now Folks!!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,047 Posts
Yes, thats the hose and yes, very inexpensive!!
While you're at it, you might want to order replacement washer nozzles. They are a 2-piece design that is glued together, and over time the adhesive fails and they just come apart one day. They're cheap and you can replace them in under 5 minutes without tools if the hood liner has been removed. In fact, everybody should remove the liner so that when these nozzles inevitably fail, they are easy to replace. It doesn't actually do anything useful anyway. I've removed the engine cover and headliner and the engine sounds and runs exactly the same. The only difference is that ice will melt off the hood directly above the engine and turbocharger in the winter. My car is black, so the summer sun causes the surface of the hood to get hotter than the engine ever could.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, this was probably the easiest thing I have ever had to do in my life. Washer hose came off the nozzles without incdent, just a quick twist back and forth to release the hose from the nozzle end and pulled the hose right off. The connector from the washer pump is right there at the top of the fender, again a quick squeeze with a set of plers to release the lock and viola...all done. cut off the retainers from the old hose from the mounting holes and snappped the new line in place. All together I'd say it was a 20 minute job including putting the hood insulator back on WITH the original retainers. Was a very quick and simple job!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts