Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My light for low washer fluid came on, I topped it out with new washer fluid, drove it for a day, used the washer in the car and the light still continues to come on, can I manually reset this somewhere? It's a dash light indicatior. Or is it a dealership issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
did you try electrical tape? that always worked for fixing my check engine light. just place it on the cluster to cover it up. lol. you should not have to reset anything. it is an auto sensor.
try checking the fluid level again and make sure you aren't leaking or anything. if it stills seems odd. then address it to your dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is the cluster located? I'm not real mechanic savvy :) Yea I filled it up to the top and checked its still full, so basically tape a sensor to cover it up so it thinks it's always full? Thanks for quick response.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Where is the cluster located? I'm not real mechanic savvy :) Yea I filled it up to the top and checked its still full, so basically tape a sensor to cover it up so it thinks it's always full? Thanks for quick response.
I am sorry if you took my idiocy for legitimate info.. I was joking on that part. i was meaning to put electrical tape over the light on your dash to block it from glaring in your eyes and bothering you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
He meant basically put tape over the light so you don't see it on =)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( Aww sounded halfway legit, yea if anyone has any real answers that would be great :) pickin on the newb..

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
You could try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes or so. Might reset the sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wondering if the dealer fixed this issue for dartguy84? Mine has the same thing going on. Out of town for work this week so havent been able to take it in to have it looked at. Kind of a weird problem to have on a new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wondering if the dealer fixed this issue for dartguy84? Mine has the same thing going on. Out of town for work this week so havent been able to take it in to have it looked at. Kind of a weird problem to have on a new car.
It was a mouse that chewed the wiring :(. It wasn't under warranty for mice so had to fix that issue out of my own pocket, was like $90 at dealership..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My light for low washer fluid came on, I topped it out with new washer fluid, drove it for a day, used the washer in the car and the light still continues to come on, can I manually reset this somewhere? It's a dash light indicatior. Or is it a dealership issue? Thanks!
At least it wasn't your blinker fluid...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts