Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone else was thinking on this subject. The more I read the more i get confused haha, but from what i do understand is that most of the small bolt on performance mods are losing their gains over time due to the stock pcm re-adjusting to account for more air, colder air, etc. If this is true then the only mod worth getting is the power pedal until someone comes out with a good PCM flash. I am new to turbos and newer engines so if I am wrong with anything I just typed please correct me, but this is my though process as of now.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I was wondering what everyone else was thinking on this subject. The more I read the more i get confused haha, but from what i do understand is that most of the small bolt on performance mods are losing their gains over time due to the stock pcm re-adjusting to account for more air, colder air, etc. If this is true then the only mod worth getting is the power pedal until someone comes out with a good PCM flash. I am new to turbos and newer engines so if I am wrong with anything I just typed please correct me, but this is my though process as of now.
That appears to be the case right now. Other than an exhaust for sound purposes and the PP it appears that other mods are pointless until we get a tuning option. Based on what I have read on the Abarth forums they are pretty close to being there. Diablo is also going to be working on something as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree. But isn't the MM ECM along with the PP a good tuning product for the dart 1.4?? I know it's designed for the Abarth. But it is exactly the same drive train.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea but the mm ecu isn't designed to maximize performance of other mods like cai, New intercooler, exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see! Thanks. Maybe I will just get the PP and exhaust as well.... I guess it doesn't make much sense to just bolt on parts without the ability to tune accordingly :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ya I wouldn't take this whole PCM doomsday for bolted on mod thing so serious like "some" people are saying....
Only believe half of what you read and hear in life bro.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well considering tork has been doing testing on the car for a long time now and they said the pcm wad giving them problems, that's part of the half I would believe...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts