Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I’ve got a 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.0. I’ve started getting an intermittent vibration issue. Most of the time it happens in the morning I find. It only happens when I’m at idle mostly in drive. Switching to neutral it almost disappears, and in park it’s 99% gone. As soon as the car starts moving and pushing the gas there’s no more issues. Seems to be no performance loss at all.

I can hear it significantly in the drivers seat, less in the passenger seat, and I can hear it faintly with the hood open but I can’t place where it’s coming from. Essentially sounds like when you close your lips and blow out air from your mouth.

Not really sure where to start since it doesn’t happen all the time. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
You probably need new engine mounts. Get the flex version from Deyeme racing. There is a firm version that may still give you vibrations.

·
Registered
653 Posts
How exactly can you determine the need of or status of current engine mounts? I'm guessing any shop you ask, they'll say you need them.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
How exactly can you determine the need of or status of current engine mounts? I'm guessing any shop you ask, they'll say you need them.
Bad mounts will let the engine move more than it should. This could cause rubbing noises or clunks when you accelerate. If you try to rock the engine by hand, it will move fairly freely. You could remove the belly pan and look at them. You might see the rubber in the mount is falling apart. From what one reads here, the oem mounts fail somewhere at around 100k miles. Some sooner, others go longer.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bad mounts will let the engine move more than it should. This could cause rubbing noises or clunks when you accelerate. If you try to rock the engine by hand, it will move fairly freely. You could remove the belly pan and look at them. You might see the rubber in the mount is falling apart. From what one reads here, the oem mounts fail somewhere at around 100k miles. Some sooner, others go longer.
Outstanding info, very easy to understand. I was thinking it was mostly transferred and noticed via steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts