Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just acquired a 2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4L - awesome car, absolutely love it.

There is a vibration in the front end, relatively significant starting at 40 MPH and increases up to about 70 MPH. After that it will actually taper off. I've had it looked at by the dealership 3 times, each time saying the same thing - tire/road noise. There's no way. I can feel the vibration in my feet, and it's a constant throbbing in/out, almost like a pulsing. I read up on this a little bit, and I've noticed similar reports.

Some people have said steering software issues, some say tire balancing and/or bent rims, alignment, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? My current game plan is to take it to a couple of trusted shops for 2nd/3rd opinions, have it diagnosed, and if it's covered under warranty I will take it back to the dealership and make them pay for it via warranty.

Thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like one or two bad tires if it does it only while driving and not braking. If it happens when braking it could be rotors are warped. To check tires simply run your hands over the inner and outer wall of the tire. If you feel a bump or dent its the tire. Ive had this happen numerous time in my life with different cars. I was always skeptical but after changing the tire, it always stopped. Another way of checking is rotate from tires to back but you'll need someone in the back seat to feel for the vibration as it will be less noticeable in the front seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I just acquired a 2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4L - awesome car, absolutely love it.

There is a vibration in the front end, relatively significant starting at 40 MPH and increases up to about 70 MPH. After that it will actually taper off. I've had it looked at by the dealership 3 times, each time saying the same thing - tire/road noise. There's no way. I can feel the vibration in my feet, and it's a constant throbbing in/out, almost like a pulsing. I read up on this a little bit, and I've noticed similar reports.

Some people have said steering software issues, some say tire balancing and/or bent rims, alignment, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? My current game plan is to take it to a couple of trusted shops for 2nd/3rd opinions, have it diagnosed, and if it's covered under warranty I will take it back to the dealership and make them pay for it via warranty.

Thank you!
I’ve been through this mess and only have the left front axel to replace. Been to two dealerships with no help. Done the flash, load force x2, alignment, right axel, new tires, new wheel, new trans. thrust bushing, new brakes & rotors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have Stock rims or aftermarket
I have new rims and tires. Bought at Discount Tire. Had them load force balanced just like at the dealership on the same type of machine, just can’t call it that “ technically “, but the machine is the same. And I had it done twice, again after I had the front end alignment, and also had the tires rotated just to be sure. Everything I could have done or checked, except the left front axel, has been changed. But if I do that, I want the axel spline checked for hardness against manufacturing specifications to see if the Rockwell hardness was properly heat treated. I want the State or Federal Government to get involved. To many people have this problem with no answers. And sometimes the problem goes away with no real reason when serviced at the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thank you!
Look all of us that have this problem have to send a communication to the powers that be, FTA I THINK, AND FIND OUT HOW HOW THE manufacturers screwed up. Just tell us so we can get our cars fixed. They know what’s wrong and once and a while will fix a friends car an say “ oh load force balanced “, when really they fixed the real problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts