Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 dodge dart, it has a vibration/hum in the gas pedal. i have taken the car to the local dodge dealer and the first time they looked at it they said it was the rotors. i have since replaced the front rotors and brakes. and after replacing the rotors and brakes its still doing it. so i took it back to the dodge dealer and they said it was the motor mounts so they replaced the rear motor mount they claimed the rear motor mount was loose and popping. I also had a new set of tires put on the car and today its still doing it. i called the dodge dealer again and have to go back next week again to have them look at it. At this point im about fed up with this car.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
I have a 2015 dodge dart, it has a vibration/hum in the gas pedal. i have taken the car to the local dodge dealer and the first time they looked at it they said it was the rotors. i have since replaced the front rotors and brakes. and after replacing the rotors and brakes its still doing it. so i took it back to the dodge dealer and they said it was the motor mounts so they replaced the rear motor mount they claimed the rear motor mount was loose and popping. I also had a new set of tires put on the car and today its still doing it. i called the dodge dealer again and have to go back next week again to have them look at it. At this point im about fed up with this car.
Is this a rant or a question? Cause I would have to say that it sounds like a rant... and if so, why did you come to enthusiast's forum to rant about the problems you're having?

If you want my .02 or anyone elses here, we are going to tell you that you should not be going to the dealership to begin with but as its a 2015 you should have your warranty still... If they thought it was the rotors, then maybe they should have looked in more and the wheel bearings? But again... its very hard to diagnose something you can NOT feel or hear or see...

You lacked to tell us what motor or transmission you have, which makes it even more difficult to help you out. I dont understand why one simple issue drives people over the edge like this... The car is under warranty.. get it fixed for free! And if they cant fix it after 3-4 times you can file a lemon law claim (depending on your states laws)...

This is a Dodge Dart enthusiast's forum, not Facebook, not twitter, not tumblr... We are here to help if you have questions but we dont wanna hear about how much you hate your dart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
for one i never said i hated the car. i said i was fed up with car just tired of dealing with the issue. been dealing with this issue since november of last year. i made this post on here becasue its a dodge forum and i figured where else better to ideas from. i have mentioned to the shop that they should check the wheel hubs and that they should check the cv axel but they didnt seem to care. since the dart is under warrenty thats why i took it to my local dodge dealer. i told them i had this same issue with my old cobalt i had and when i had to wheel hubs replaced it solved the issue. and the dart that i have is a 2015 dodge dart with a 2.4L. the first time i took it to the shop they did updates to the computer system and told me it was a rotor issue. i made this post to see if anyone else had this same issue and what they did to resolve it. the vibration/hum happens around 50-75. if your have no suggestions to help resolve the issue then move along.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
for one i never said i hated the car. i said i was fed up with car just tired of dealing with the issue. been dealing with this issue since november of last year. i made this post on here becasue its a dodge forum and i figured where else better to ideas from. i have mentioned to the shop that they should check the wheel hubs and that they should check the cv axel but they didnt seem to care. since the dart is under warrenty thats why i took it to my local dodge dealer. i told them i had this same issue with my old cobalt i had and when i had to wheel hubs replaced it solved the issue. and the dart that i have is a 2015 dodge dart with a 2.4L. the first time i took it to the shop they did updates to the computer system and told me it was a rotor issue. i made this post to see if anyone else had this same issue and what they did to resolve it. the vibration/hum happens around 50-75. if your have no suggestions to help resolve the issue then move along.
Seeing as you have had an identical issue with another car and found the issue... then here are your suggestions:

1. Quit waiting for the dealership and do it yourself... The dealerships dont make money on warranty work and HATE doing it, so of course they are going to push you off as long as possible unless you really start becoming a nuisance. Call the GM, talk to corporate... the squeaky wheel gets the oil type of thing...

2. Go to a different dealer... Contrary to popular belief, you don have to get your car worked on by that dealer you bought it from... The warranty is valid at ALL FCA dealers. If the dealership's staff is giving you a hard time and not doing what they should for you, find somewhere else!

Even tho you have a warranty and will get the work done for free, doesnt mean that you should sit and wait for them to solve the problem for you... And I hate to say it, but you dealing with this problem since last november is no ones fault but your own.

Rock auto sell Moog wheel bearings for even cheaper than the OEM parts and 10x times that came on the car... You can also order new parts from allmoparparts.com and get the wheel bearings for $118/ea on the front and $64/ea on the rear. So the choice is up to you...

Maybe next time phase your question as such so people think you are asking a question and not just complaining because youre upset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 not ever car is the same. 2 not ever issue is identical. 3 i did not buy the car from the dodge dealer that i take my car to. i was referred to the dealer by the several mechanics and the used car place i got the car from. also i could care less if its under warrenty or not money isnt the issue. also the first time i took it to the dealer they didnt seem to think it was the wheel hubs. again i was just looking for feedback from other people that may have had this same issue. again you dont need to be a dick. also as far as taking it to another dealer yea let me drive 2 hours to the next nearest dodge dealer. as i work long hours and have a child to raise driving that far just isnt in the cards. also im not sitting around waiting for them to fix the issue. they set the appointments and as the dealer i take my care too is the only dodge dealer in my area you can guess that they are backed up. i have taken the car to 3 other local shops and they just refer me to the dodge dealership since my car is under warrenty.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
1 not ever car is the same. 2 not ever issue is identical. 3 i did not buy the car from the dodge dealer that i take my car to. i was referred to the dealer by the several mechanics and the used car place i got the car from. also i could care less if its under warrenty or not money isnt the issue. also the first time i took it to the dealer they didnt seem to think it was the wheel hubs. again i was just looking for feedback from other people that may have had this same issue. again you dont need to be a dick. also as far as taking it to another dealer yea let me drive 2 hours to the next nearest dodge dealer. as i work long hours and have a child to raise driving that far just isnt in the cards. also im not sitting around waiting for them to fix the issue. they set the appointments and as the dealer i take my care too is the only dodge dealer in my area you can guess that they are backed up. i have taken the car to 3 other local shops and they just refer me to the dodge dealership since my car is under warrenty.
We all have our own problems man... you dont need to go there. But yeah, I get that not all cars are the same and not all problems are identical... but If money is not an issue and you dont care about getting you car fixed under warranty then buy the parts yourself and fix it. Then youre not spending time the you dont have driving 2 hours away to the nearest Dodge dealer that apparently has 1 and half techs working at it... and you can fix your issue... if the problem is only happening at higher speeds then it points to the wheel bearings... and that is a very easy swap. PLUS Rock auto or allmoparparts are both vendors here so you can get a discount on the parts and have them shipped directly to your door.

As you are new member and havent been around for a while to see the amount of bashing threads and inconsiderate comments I apologize, but you gotta understand where I am coming from... Some people just dont seem to want to try and solve problems themselves... they just want someone else to fix it for them. As you are taking the imitative to come here to look for answers, I commend you. But unfortunately, there arent too many people here complaining about that issue.

Like I said, I think its your wheel bearings and if the dealership doesnt fix them the next time you go in there... and the issue persists, then I would do the work yourself and say screw it... not worth the extra money to keep going back and forth to get told they cant figure out whats wrong... if that be the case just spend that money on the parts you need and call it a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts