Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I have a crazy question and probably a dumb one but I'm gonna ask anyway since you all know a heck of a lot more on all this than me(just being honest). But anyway I've purchased the OBDLinkMX+ and the alfaOBD software for my android phone. I've been playing around with it and scanned a few things and keep getting an ECU mismatch code and i am wondering do these ECUs need to be updated after so long as far as the programming for the car and if so is the alfaOBD program capable of doing this. I have written down the codes I am getting and I am passing them along to see what you guys think. All your advice is very appreciated at this time. The codes are U0184, B1609, B178E, B2204, U0485, C2206, and U0415 again i will thank you all in advance for your help

·
Super Moderator
4,594 Posts
Have you done a PROXI configuration? In alfaOBD select the Body Control Module, connect, select the open hood Fiat icon. Under procedure to start, select PROXI configuration.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Body Control (BCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

B1609-15-PANEL DIMMER INPUT - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN

•When Monitored:
With the ignition on.

•Set Condition:
The Body Control Module (BCM) detects that the Panel Dimmer Input signal is greater than 4.8 volts for more than one second.

Possible Causes

(E2) PANEL LAMPS DIMMER SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(E2) PANEL LAMPS DIMMER SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
DIMMER SWITCH
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)

B178E-64-HEADLAMP SWITCH INPUT - SIGNAL PLAUSIBILITY FAILURE

•When Monitored:
With the ignition on.

•Set Condition:
This DTC will set if the incorrect Headlamp Switch is installed on the vehicle.

B2204-55-ECU CONFIGURATION MISMATCH - NOT CONFIGURED

Theory of Operation

When replacing a module, a PROXI procedure may need to be completed for that module. The PROXI Alignment Procedure is needed to learn the PROXI Configuration from the BCM. This PROXI information configures the modules based on the content of the vehicle. Refer to the table below for each module requirement.

•When Monitored:
One time whenever the ignition is turned on.

•Set Condition:
The Body Control Module (BCM) PROXI configuration has not been completed.

The PROXI configuration alignment has not been completed on one or more PROXI user module(s).

Possible Causes

BCM REPLACED AND RESTORE PROXI CONFIGURATION ROUTINE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED
PROXI USER MODULE MISMATCH OR PROXI CONFIGURATION ALIGNMENT ROUTINE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED

Possible Causes

INCORRECT HEADLAMP SWITCH INSTALLED

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Antilock Brake (ABS) / Diagnosis and Testing

C2206-00-VEHICLE CONFIGURATION MISMATCH

NOTE:
If the BCM has been serviced make sure that the PROXI Configuration Alignment routine is performed before continuing with this diagnostic procedure.

•When Monitored:
Ignition on.

•Set Conditions:
This DTC will set if the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) configuration codes do not match on power up.

Possible Causes

BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) PROXI CONFIGURATION ALIGNMENT NOT PERFORMED
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) AND ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE PROXI CONFIGURATION DO NOT MATCH
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE/INTEGRATED CONTROL UNIT (ICU)

U0184-87-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH RADIO - MISSING MESSAGE

Theory of Operation

The primary communication network between electronic control modules is the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus system. The Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus allows all electronic modules connected to the bus to share information with each other. Regardless of whether a message originates from a module on the higher speed CAN C (500K) Bus or on the lower speed bus, CAN Interior High Speed (IHS) (125K) Bus, the message structure and layout is similar, which allows the Body Control Module (BCM) to process and transfer messages between the CAN buses. The BCM stores Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) for certain bus network faults on the CAN C (500K) Bus and CAN IHS (125K) Bus.

The CAN bus modules are connected in parallel to the two-wire bus using a twisted pair, where the wires are wrapped around each other to provide shielding from unwanted electromagnetic induction, thus preventing interference with the relatively low voltage signals being carried through them. While the CAN bus is operating (active), one of the bus wires will carry a higher voltage and is referred to as the CAN High or CAN bus (+) wire, while the other bus wire will carry a lower voltage and is referred to as the CAN Low or CAN bus (-) wire.

For additional information on the communication network and star connector locations, (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/COMMUNICATION - Description) .

•When Monitored:
With the ignition on for at least five seconds.

Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts.

Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

•Set Condition:
Bus messages not received from the Radio for approximately two to five seconds.

Possible Causes

CAN IHS BUS (125K) (+) CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
CAN IHS BUS (125K) (-) CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
RADIO POWER AND GROUND
RADIO
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

U0415-86-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM ABS - SIGNAL INVALID

•When Monitored:
With the ignition on for at least five seconds.

Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts.

Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

•Set Condition:
Whenever the communication data sent over the CAN BUS from the ABS Module is missing part of the message, the message is corrupted, or the message is an irrational value.

Possible Causes

DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
ABS MODULE POWERS OR GROUNDS
ABS MODULE
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts