Dodge Dart Forum banner

Why did you enter, or would you enter?

• For the prize if I won! If there's no prize, there's no point.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For the recognition! If there's no prize, it's not that big of a deal

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Didn't enter one yet, but I probably won't without a prize.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't enter one yet, but I don't need a prize. I like the recognition more.

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it was brought up to my attention here in last month's thread... http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/ride-month/31417-vote-june-2016-rotm-vote.html#post482233

is there going to be a july rotm and the june winner going to be recognized? its almost august and there is no july post..........
It's about time the truth comes out about the behind the scenes issues on creating the ROTM threads...

@Mr Bacon did it religiously when he was a modertor, it was his pride and joy baby. If he couldn't do it @cereal killer would immediately jump in and help. Creating the ROTM threads is time consuming, the new management has made it abundantly clear that they do not have time to supply the recognition with adding badges or even assisting in day to day functionality of the .org. FURTHERMORE, it has been made 100% clear to me after much poking and prodding that the new management NEVER signed on to supply money or care about the ROTM on this forum. We are pretty much the bottom of the barrel when it comes to their cares or concerns. SO WHO DOES IT FALL ON... good ol @youngsmith53 and the rest of the moderation team ( @Bullfrog , @clolarte, @Cntrollerfanboy, @suzq044, @un4givn85).

After that, then it falls on me since I have temp admin access (not sure if other moderators do or not) to supply the proper ROTM badge and recognition to said winning member. I have asked time and time again for help with the gift cards and they have said, it wasn't in the contract. I do not have disposable income to supply $25 gift cards each and every month (more on that later). Luckily I haven't had to pay out of pocket for yet because @Cntrollerfanboy won last month (May), but I might not be lucky this month. So, there goes money I'm paying into a community I helped cultivate (because new management turns a blind eye). I will not be supplying the Amazon gift cards. If someone else wants to step up, then the onus is solely on them.

With all of this being said, save you ellipsis' for someone else or point the blame at someone other than the me and the .org moderation team. The moderation team does all it can when it cans, however it cans. I'm sorry it's an inconvenience that the ROTM thread is not up for you. I'm sorry it's an inconvenience for you that I'm married, have 3 kids (one with emotional & health problems), work full time and go to college in the evenings. I do my best to be the best volunteer moderator I can be when time allows. I'd love to do more and help more and be an admin to help assist, but I know my allegiances lie. I don't get paid to be an Admin or even a moderator. Above all else, being a moderator on the .org doesn't pay my bills, my full-time job does.

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
I will second what @youngsmith53 stated above. Us admins are here as volunteers - the paid staff are the ones withe the blue "admin" titles. I will assist any way that I can. I also have a full time job as a salaried analyst so often my hours exceed 60 per week. I have 8 children and 6 grandkids, I am currently taking online classes and night classes working on my bachelors as well. I also have my FloriDarts club responsibilities to maintain and my home duties to take care of.

I am sure that as a team, we will come to a resolution to get this up and running and to keep it going.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Whereas I do not have a full time job, and I already have my degree, I do not make enough money to be able to put 25$ to the side every month. I wish I could, but alas, other priorities and random life events keep getting in the way of putting any money to the side. If I could, it'd be more, but I think we may have to put the rewards (aside from the ROTM badge) on hold. I do what I can, but I'm usually pretty busy myself; between trying to get jobs (by that I mean photoshop work) and then doing said jobs, and babysitting our room-mates 6yr old, there's not a lot of time to do much. My apologies for that, we are working behind the scenes to see if we can't figure something out though.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
IMHO, while the gift cards might be nice, are there any past winners that made their Dart look its best for a gift card? I would think that the recognition is much more important. Yep, I have been a member of the Forum for a while now and I am still learning about how the Forum works and THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT WORK. Thank you for your time and talents. :)

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
AS i said before it doesnt HAVE to be a staff member to create the threads. There is no special function that we use to make them. We can sticky them after they are made or edit them if needed. So its not sad it come to this, its sad that the many look to the few to do all.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
AS i said before it doesnt HAVE to be a staff member to create the threads. There is no special function that we use to make them. We can sticky them after they are made or edit them if needed. So its not sad it come to this, its sad that the many look to the few to do all.
As someone that was a mod for a very large gaming page. Most users don't understand what goes into being a mod/admin. Less that they take it for granted, more that they just can't understand because they have never had to do it themselves. Like any organization, there are always a select few that run things like ROTM. This is to keep things consistent. Not to just add more work to someone one or 2 people. I know it's rough. But did any of the mod/admin team become a mod or admin against their will?

Personally, I don't care about the gift card. But for simple continuity, integrity and consistency, I'd prefer the ROTM to continue to be operated the way it has in the past, by the mods/admins.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Is this even a conversation that needs to happen? Anybody who thinks it's ok to be accepting prizes that our unpaid moderators are buying out of the goodness of their own hearts needs to be slapped upside the head. So do their parents. ROTM should be about the bragging rights of having your car being recognized as awesome by their peers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
To echo what everyone else has been saying: I honestly don't care about gift cards either.
I actually had no idea that gift cards were part of the ROTM every month. If I felt my car was at a place to enter a ROTM, I would have done so just for the fun of it and the possible recognition for a badge.

I would love to see ROTM ongoing, with it made perfectly clear that there are no prizes except for recognition and a badge.

That all being said:
Thank you to @youngsmith53, @Bullfrog , @clolarte , @Cntrollerfanboy , @suzq044 , @un4givn85
Having been in their shoes, I understand the feeling of herding cats.
So once again, thank you all for everything you do for this community. I hope none of you feel like you're not appreciated, and please don't feel you have to give your money out of your pocket!

·
Registered
545 Posts
thats all i was implying, that it should be about the cars on the site, not about any type of gift card. with an exception, the mods, admins are awesome, do an awesome job, and have more than answered any and all questions. so if i have upset you guys, please accept my sincerest apologies........

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Is this even a conversation that needs to happen? Anybody who thinks it's ok to be accepting prizes that our unpaid moderators are buying out of the goodness of their own hearts needs to be slapped upside the head. So do their parents. ROTM should be about the bragging rights of having your car being recognized as awesome by their peers.
....what did you say about my mama?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
As someone that was a mod for a very large gaming page. Most users don't understand what goes into being a mod/admin. Less that they take it for granted, more that they just can't understand because they have never had to do it themselves.
I know what you're saying, I also started off as a moderator then progressed to admin for three large gaming communities. It can be time consuming for sure...

·
Registered
141 Posts
i am with everyone on this one, I dont care about a $25 gift card, the prize shoule be street cred. I have been in multiple forums with different cars. I love modding them and making them my own. And to show off what I have done to my baby and for people to give props is all I need to keep going. Not some stupid gift card. I just want this forum to stay alive eventhough that the car is not.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Montage counts as one image file, therefore it's legal. Whether you vote for them or not is your choice, but they've always been allowed. It's good for those people who want to show off their mods under the hood, as well as interior and exterior, instead of (or in addition to) having a list a mile long of mods.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just my 2 cents...You MODS ROCK!!!! Thanks for all you do. Up the management! Keep the ROTM going. We don't need no stinkin' prizes!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You all do fantastic work, and I really do enjoy reading up on what others are experiencing. Keep up the good work, and don't worry about the little things sometimes :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts