Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed a place about this product they have that unlocks the uconnect and allows you to watch movies, do things on the unit while moving, etc. It basically fools your uconnect into thinking you are always going 0mph. You can also add new cameras and view them whenever you want. I plan on putting on the front.

Here is the email I got-

Thanks so much for the information. Great News! Your vehicle with the all-touchscreen 8.4” Media Center Radio is completely compatible with the C8 LockPick. This particular LockPick is going to enable you to have NAV entry in motion (if equipped), video play in motion (of the factory DVD player), camera on demand, and features complete USB updateability.

The C8 LockPick also includes RCA A/V inputs for the connectivity and video play of an iPod, iPhone, external DVD or any other video device that connects via RCA [red, white, yellow] Composite Video. The C8 also has multiple Aux video inputs for the use of a rear view camera (either factory or the Coastal Electronics BarCam221), or the installation of up to 3 cameras in the vehicle.

I have included the links below regarding the LockPick products for your vehicle. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know at the info below. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

http://coastaletech.com/LOCKPICKC8.htm

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_CAMERAS.htm
--
Ransom
Coastal Electronics
[email protected]
www.CoastalEtech.com
1-800-507-2234

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got one of those in my Challenger!

While I cant see anyone wanting to watch a movie while driving, being able to update a destination on the NAV without stopping is great!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I guess they are worried that the dirver of a Ucoonect vehicle can't do 2 things at once. I guess in the Dart they tink it is too small for just the passenger to be the only one watching a movie. I do wonder why if you have voice commands they won'tlet you switch destinations on the fly, this actually sounds like a good idea. For rxample if you are meeting friends at a resteraunt and you get a call while moving (if this is possible) that changes the meeting place. It would seem like to a safe thing to just be able to say the name of the new resterruant amd have it start giving you directins. I guess the excpetion might be if it calls for an immediate turn across lanes of traffic. They might have to put in a 1/2 mile buffer for situations like that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
You can update nav on the move with voice but that is the only way to do it while moving and it is limited on what it can do.

I'm going to have to see if I can work this into my budget. Might have to wait a few months before doing this. But being able to stream movies from my iPad would be great. As well as being able to runs extra cameras through it. Those are the two things I wish I could do with it now.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
suzq044 said:
Yeah, I don't agree that having the ability to watch a movie from the drivers' seat is a good idea whist moving.

Aside from that, sounds good.
Well I mean come on. I would hope people would be responsible enough to only use and watch it from a "passenger" perspective.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'd love if the screen could just be an output from my iPhone screen. I'd love it if I could watch stuff on it while I waited for my wife at the airport.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Well I mean come on. I would hope people would be responsible enough to only use and watch it from a "passenger" perspective.
You'd think so, but I've seen some pretty stupid people on the road -- one playing the guitar while driving & steering with his knee, among other great ones.

I'd love if the screen could just be an output from my iPhone screen. I'd love it if I could watch stuff on it while I waited for my wife at the airport.
That's actually a cool idea - basically streaming it from your phone to the monitor.. or even via the USB, that'd be cool, but again - you'd be parked, so yeah. Nice Idea.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well let me tell you about movies. We have a class A motorhome that has a tv up front above the windshield. It has a cutout to it so you can't watch it when the motorhome is running. Well, I bypassed that so the kids could watch movies going down the road. Bad idea. Didn't matter what I did, I found myself looking at it. So then I put a tv on the chair across from the couch. Figured it was behind me, would be fine. I could see the image reflecting in the windshield at night. Again, impossible to not watch. Finally put something to block the side of the tv so it didn't reflect, and all was fine.

Just like people read, put on makeup, shave, eat bowls of cereal (I've seen all of these), we all think we can multi task with our eyes. It doesn't really work all that well.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Well let me tell you about movies. We have a class A motorhome that has a tv up front above the windshield. It has a cutout to it so you can't watch it when the motorhome is running. Well, I bypassed that so the kids could watch movies going down the road. Bad idea. Didn't matter what I did, I found myself looking at it. So then I put a tv on the chair across from the couch. Figured it was behind me, would be fine. I could see the image reflecting in the windshield at night. Again, impossible to not watch. Finally put something to block the side of the tv so it didn't reflect, and all was fine.

Just like people read, put on makeup, shave, eat bowls of cereal (I've seen all of these), we all think we can multi task with our eyes. It doesn't really work all that well.
I saw someone folding clothes while driving. People do insane things while driving. Freaking ridiculous. Only reason I would want to be able to stream from my iPad is because i spend a lot of time in my car for work(which I would rather not talk about) and I watch TV shows and movies from my iPad. Only down side is there is no good place to set it up at. So being able to watch movies or TV shows while sitting still only would be fine for me. No reason to watch something and drive at the same time. And if a passenger wants to watch something, well unplug it and they can watch whatever they want. I don't see a reason to stream from a device while driving, unless it is music.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I saw someone folding clothes while driving. People do insane things while driving. Freaking ridiculous. Only reason I would want to be able to stream from my iPad is because i spend a lot of time in my car for work(which I would rather not talk about) and I watch TV shows and movies from my iPad. Only down side is there is no good place to set it up at. So being able to watch movies or TV shows while sitting still only would be fine for me. No reason to watch something and drive at the same time. And if a passenger wants to watch something, well unplug it and they can watch whatever they want. I don't see a reason to stream from a device while driving, unless it is music.
I get what you are saying, and I wasn't directing what I said directly at anyone. For many reasons, it might be a cool idea. I myself might want it for full nav, as I usually will only need the nav when I travel, which I usually only do with my wife, and a passenger should be able to use nav on the fly. I'm just saying it's a lot harder to not watch something than many might think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This would be awesome for my Zilla Z Dash app. It's like the Nissan GTR performance display on your IPhone or IPad. Shows all kinds of g sensors, speed, compass. It's pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Lockpick makes good stuff.

Both our cars have Lockpicks on them right now, and they are very good.

They've come a long way!

Those of you with manuals, might still have issues with the in-motion stuff. I'd ask them before you buy. My Caliber has the lockpick (required so I could install the mygig in my '07, and it does not allow me to do address or movies in motion. The van, on the other hand does though, but your speed is always at 0MPH on the display, so it doesn't turn red when you are speeding (not that you would))

Look on Youtube, there are how-tos on how to install the lockpick in the new Charger I think.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts