Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 160gb iPod Classic in my Dart and use Winamp to manage all my purchased music. If I go into All Songs or w/e on the UConnect, i get the proper amount of tracks. However when I made a playlist on my PC, the UConnect caps it at 1000 songs, even though there are WAY more than that on it... Driving me insane.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I took apart me old RE2 radio to see what the internal storage looked like. And its a IC on a board that uses a flex cable, so you would need to know the pin outs. I was expecting to see modified standard SD card in some type of holder, that made it a little more obvious.

View attachment 66114
Thanks for posting that! I may order some parts from ebay to start messing with

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have a 160gb iPod Classic in my Dart and use Winamp to manage all my purchased music. If I go into All Songs or w/e on the UConnect, i get the proper amount of tracks. However when I made a playlist on my PC, the UConnect caps it at 1000 songs, even though there are WAY more than that on it... Driving me insane.
Sort them into folders. I have a bit over 4k songs on a 32GB SD card. They all show up on UConnect fine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Am I missing something here? Don't all your uConnects also sort your songs and everything alphabetically instead of by track number when you go into an album, or even a playlist for that matter? Doesn't that drive you insane? I know it does for me.

I'm just using an Aux cable for now :(

·
Registered
879 Posts
That's an insane amount of work...
Nah. I use MediaMonkey. It does all the work. I have them sorted by Genre > Artist > Album. I think it took me all of about 10 minutes to sort my 96GB library, and then about 30 minutes to figure out what I wanted on the drive and copy the folders.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nah. I use MediaMonkey. It does all the work. I have them sorted by Genre > Artist > Album. I think it took me all of about 10 minutes to sort my 96GB library, and then about 30 minutes to figure out what I wanted on the drive and copy the folders.
Again, sadly I don't see this as a viable option for me since I have 3 Apple i products on my desk currently, even though I'm more of a PC person when it comes to computing. I just feel that Apple has done pretty much everything right when it comes to their iPod's, and I use them in a total of 3 cars, and 2 different stereo's/docks. Seeing as the Dart is the ONLY one of my players that causes me frustration, I just have avoid the uConnect interface and use an aux jack, even though the uConnect claims iPod capabilities. To me their definition of iPod connectivity is unacceptable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My UConnect is hitting a binary limit for some reason. It was seeing 1023 directories, 1024 if you include the root directory. Moving the directories has no effect other than to increment the number of subs seen. (The parent directory consumes 1, so the total is always 1024.) It could be just coincidence, but that's a mighty big one.
I love that this thread is from 2014, here it is 2019 and I've got a brand new Jeep with the same issue! I even joined this forum just to reply with my thanks.

Anyhow, i thought I'd contribute this tip for iTunes, to trim your folder count. You know all those "one hit wonders" you have, well they consume 2 folders each, one for the artist and one for the album title. Put them in a fake album called Singles, and set the "Album Artist" to "Various Artists". All those songs now live in a single folder!
I went down from 1100 to 900 folders in an afternoon, and I'm happy again!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts