Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with my Uconnect since the day I got my car. Sometimes my phone connects automatically to the radio and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't connect, I usually have to delete my phone from the radio and re-connect it, but even this method doesn't work unless I turn the vehicle off. Other times it will drop my connection while I'm driving. I know it's not my phone because I've had an issue pairing my last two phones. I've installed the latest updates to my radio.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
I've been having issues with my Uconnect since the day I got my car. Sometimes my phone connects automatically to the radio and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't connect, I usually have to delete my phone from the radio and re-connect it, but even this method doesn't work unless I turn the vehicle off. Other times it will drop my connection while I'm driving. I know it's not my phone because I've had an issue pairing my last two phones. I've installed the latest updates to my radio.
That's just the nature of the Uconnect RE2/RB5 unit and the CTM in the Dart, and since there's nothing that can be changed or configured in the car, there's probably not much you can do about it. It's an old obsolete unit that really isn't very good when it comes to Bluetooth connectivity (the BT implementation in these units is very rudimentary).

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's just the nature of the Uconnect RE2/RB5 unit and the CTM in the Dart, and since there's nothing that can be changed or configured in the car, there's probably not much you can do about it. It's an old obsolete unit that really isn't very good when it comes to Bluetooth connectivity (the BT implementation in these units is very rudimentary).
I disconnected my battery for a couple of minutes and then my radio was able to connect to my phone using bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
I disconnected my battery for a couple of minutes and then my radio was able to connect to my phone using bluetooth.
Ok, but that's not the problem the OP mentioned. I've had phones that connected fine, others that didn't connect very reliably or sometimes didn't work properly, and one that couldn't even see the Uconnect in the list of Bluetooth devices, much less connect to it. All of these phones worked flawlessly with other Bluetooth hardware. The Uconnect RE2/RB5 appears to have an absolutely terrible Bluetooth implementation, not to mention the Convergence Telematics Module the Dart shares with several other vehicles should have "Born to Fail" stamped on it, since it is so failure-prone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are times where It will not connect unless you turn the vehicle off for several minutes. I disconnected the battery a few times and it works for a while, but the issue still returns. Is there any way I can reset the radio without turning the car off or disconnecting the battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts