Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about my new 2014 dodge dart limited 2.4 litter. I was wondering if it's possible to install a turbo on the 2.4 tigershark mortor?
I want to make a build that kicks out 550 hp. What should I use to achieve this.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I was wondering about my new 2014 dodge dart limited 2.4 litter. I was wondering if it's possible to install a turbo on the 2.4 tigershark mortor?
I want to make a build that kicks out 550 hp. What should I use to achieve this.
A large pile of cash ($15K+) or a completely different platform. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Uhm.. you started with the wrong car, unless you got quite a bit of money lying around. o_O

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
This is my favorite saying of all time. "You can do anything you want to no matter what anybody says. There are only 2 limiting factors. Time and money". If you have enough of both, then you can have a 550HP Dart. I would love to see it. When are you starting the build?.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
A large pile of cash ($15K+) or a completely different platform.
It isn't the wrong platform, just the wrong engine packages. It wasn't even supposed to be a fast car from the beginning. It's meant to be an economy car, which it's VERY good at. If I could make a 550HP Dart with ONLY $15K, I would start tomorrow,lol. You will need a LOT more than that.

Reactions: DartMontreal

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
uhh, a lot of money and programming assistance. You can't just slap a turbo and intercooler and call it a day. o_O

If you want something custom, i'm sure @TorkMe could help you there.

Just like your last post on the topic. o_O -- moved related posts from vipermans build thread to this thread.

I'm going to rename this thread to "Turboing 2.4L Questions"

·
Registered
601 Posts
until the computer is hacked its a pipe dream...

·
Registered
601 Posts
There any number of stand alone EFI controllers from FAST, Megasquirt, Holley, MSD, etc that would do the job just fine.
and how would you control the Mutli air with any available stand alone, this is F1 tech were talking here lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
Its always easy to make a revolutionary new normally-aspirated engine design into forced-induction...until someone actually tries it.
half the equation is, as its just math, money and time. Installing the mechanical system is the easy part, tork used the FIC for tuning is an option if your willing to cut into the system, im not and most wont either.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Didn't even think about the multi-air.

But I suppose if you are serious about 550Hp you could build the engine around a non multi-air 2.4 from a Neon SRT4 or PT GT.

·
Registered
601 Posts

But I suppose if you are serious about 550Hp you could build the engine around a non multi-air 2.4 from a Neon SRT4 or PT GT.
kinda defeats the idea i think... The hp can be gotten out of these im sure, once we tap the ECU

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts

The OP specifically asked about getting 550hp out of the 2.4L Tigershark, not some other 2.4L engine. Basically, you need a lot of money and a tuning shop with the willingness to crack the mysteries of MultiAir II and the means to develop the custom internals that will probably be necessary to add about 365hp to the engine's output.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, a Dodge Neon would do the job, but i want to achieve this with the Dart. The Dart Has the same 2.4 litter engine as the Neon.
So what could I do to achieve the same as thd Neon?

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Yes, a Dodge Neon would do the job, but i want to achieve this with the Dart. The Dart Has the same 2.4 litter engine as the Neon.
So what could I do to achieve the same as thd Neon?
The Dart does not have the same 2.4L as the Neon...

Neon = DOHC 2.4L
Dart = SOHC 2.4L engine with a MultiAir II

EDIT: here are some links to threads to explain the above...
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-2-4l-tigershark/19211-2-4l-sohc-dohc.html
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-2-4l-tigershark/883-depth-look-tigershark-engine.html
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-general-discussion/152-dodg-dart-powertrains.html

talk to RRM they will be wanting to put a turbo kit on for you at about 4500 dollars. hurry up and do it so they can come out with te kit for everyone.
Yes, so we can put one on in my garage and throw an East Coast party

1 - 20 of 78 Posts