Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this thread is in here somewhere but cannot find it again. Anyway my diverter valve is opening under load in 5th or 6th gear, dropping me to 10lb boost and is getting worse. I have ordered a new factory one but I would assume it will start doing the same thing. I thought I have read that there is an aftermarket valve available somewhere. No code just lose of cruise control. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mods
rrm hot and cold pipes
rrm tune
drop in k+n air filter
wastegate adjustment @ 5mm

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
I replaced the turbo bypass valve and it is like a different car. Thanks for your help
This is why we offer a new bypass valve as an option for the DV + . I am still waiting for the recall on the first batch of bad ones that were installed in the 13 to mid 14 cars.

We have seen several factory bypass valves fail, and when you replace them... OMG what a difference.

·
Registered
497 Posts
how can you tell if the valve is bad or going bad?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dumb question I'm new to turbos but is the dv and the bypass valve the same?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
symptoms
Loss of power it will miss at idle and also under load, but the main thing is in 5th or 6th gear it will go into limp mode so it only create about 10 lbs. of boost. I took the old one apart and the seal was as hard as a rock, very deformed. kinda sorry that I replaced it with the factory one. I am sure it will do the same thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts