·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it would be more than I'm used to, just didn't know how much more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Figured it would be more than I'm used to, just didn't know how much more.

In all honestly, I think that RRM gives you their instructions for this and it IS pretty much all bolt-on... As for tuning and whatnot, they do include a fuel management system... which i would hope they give instructions for install and upload of that as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rrm sends everything you need to install this kit. Its not 100% bolt on either. The one thing that will need to be done is drop the oil pan and drill a hole then tap it for an oil return from the turbo. Be prepared to order another oil pan. Dodge does not go easy on the sealant. I damaged mine trying to remove it and i was being easy with it. I have since added little things here and there to improve the install but it will run with what they send you. I would recommend changing out the factory intake plenum that they utilize. It will rupture.
20170312_005855.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Rrm sends everything you need to install this kit. Its not 100% bolt on either. The one thing that will need to be done is drop the oil pan and drill a hole then tap it for an oil return from the turbo. Be prepared to order another oil pan. Dodge does not go easy on the sealant. I damaged mine trying to remove it and i was being easy with it. I have since added little things here and there to improve the install but it will run with what they send you. I would recommend changing out the factory intake plenum that they utilize. It will rupture.
View attachment 91553
Thank you very much for this info! I was hoping someone who had this kit would chime in!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
God that's a beautiful engine bay. I appreciate the feedback shootermain. All in all, would you say it's a pretty easy install? Or would I be better off taking it to someone?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought my HPSI intake off someone who turboed their 2.4. I was interested in the build and we chatted about it a few times. He had his installed at a shop and the kit includes a lot of the necessities but it also overlooked some things. From the sounds of things I won't exactly classify it as bolt on

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my HPSI intake off someone who turboed their 2.4. I was interested in the build and we chatted about it a few times. He had his installed at a shop and the kit includes a lot of the necessities but it also overlooked some things. From the sounds of things I won't exactly classify it as bolt on
Will keep that in mind before I take the jump.

·
Registered
59 Posts
God that's a beautiful engine bay. I appreciate the feedback shootermain. All in all, would you say it's a pretty easy install? Or would I be better off taking it to someone?

It really depends on your skill level. If you even questioning yourself i would take it to someone. Or hire some fiends to help. It took me about a week to do mine by myself. But thats only working in the evenings when i got out of work.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
It really depends on your skill level. If you even questioning yourself i would take it to someone. Or hire some fiends to help. It took me about a week to do mine by myself. But thats only working in the evenings when i got out of work.
Man, you sure do have some patience! If i got that turbo kit, I would be working all night till it was completely installed... BTW, Im NOT a patient person (if you couldnt already tell)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can already see myself getting pissed off. Good thing I replaced all my steel hammers with dead blows!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts