Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details:

Sale price is $395 for basic Stage 1 flash, $100 additional if you want launch control and WOT shifting
Launch control can be set at 3500, 4000 or 4500 RPM
We will have different tune options with a check sheet you fill out showing the mods you have on your car. The tune will match that of your mods.
We have addressed the throttle control, the dead throttle is gone but we did not make it "super aggressive".
Turbo surge is all gone, I have not been able to duplicate surge with or without bolt on's. This was a huge issue for us and it looks like we got rid of it.
Power under 2500 is fantastic! You can take off from a stop without mashing the gas pedal to the floor, but the pedal is still linear in its power output.
You will have to select 91 or 93 octane as fuel options. For the few that don't have any higher than 91 octane, please contact us for your custom tune (Alaska, and other world markets)
We have retained all the safety measures of the stock PCM. You will still suffer from throttle close if the injector duty cycle gets to high. You will still have over boost if the condition is hit. You will still have under boost if there is a leak in the system (factory diagnostics). We have retained all the "factory safe guards" with the S1 tune.

I shouldn't have to say anything about power because the dyno sheets are posted all over our section. Average gains are going to be 20 WHP and 20 WTQ across the curve. We have seen as high as 50 WHP and 40 WTQ in different parts of the curve. Gains will vary from car to car, but average of 20/20 will be a safe number to bet on. The best gains are going to be seen at or near redline, this is where the power is needed most with the Dart, you will be able to make full benefit of the 6400 RPM redline that we have set with the tune.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

-John

·
Registered
558 Posts
@TorkMe - John, first off congratulations! It sounds like you have done a terrific job here. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you or some of my fellow forum members can answer as I am new to computer tuning my car.

Since this car is new and it has had a few issues, every time I bring it in to the dealer for scheduled maintenance they install one or more flashes/updates to the car. If we get your tune, do we then have to tell our dealer every time we go in for server to leave the ECU alone and do not install any updates? Do they have to honor our request? If the dealer does end up flashing our ECU, do they overlay a complete software package so that it would bring our ECU back to complete stock or could they possibly install an update that only changes certain parameters which could overwrite only part of your tune leaving us with either an unstable car or a potentially dangerous one?

If we order this tune, I would prefer to just send you my original ECU. I don't really want to buy a second one. If I install the tuned ECU and after a while I decide I don't like it can we just go into our dealer and pay them to reflash it stock or would we need to purchase a new ECU from them to get back to stock?

For those of us who have not done something like this before, will you be posting instructions for locating, removing and re-installing the ECU?

Lastly, is this tune ready for the DDCT or do you still have to do those tweaks for that?

Thank you! I hope I have not asked too many questions.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You will still have under boost if there is a leak in the system (factory diagnostics).
I had a worm gear clamp snap on the hot side IC pipe, the hose blew clear off of it. Obviously no power, but strangely no CEL. Wouldn't you expect one?

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,441 Posts
@TorkMe - John, first off congratulations! It sounds like you have done a terrific job here. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you or some of my fellow forum members can answer as I am new to computer tuning my car.

Since this car is new and it has had a few issues, every time I bring it in to the dealer for scheduled maintenance they install one or more flashes/updates to the car. If we get your tune, do we then have to tell our dealer every time we go in for server to leave the ECU alone and do not install any updates? Do they have to honor our request? If the dealer does end up flashing our ECU, do they overlay a complete software package so that it would bring our ECU back to complete stock or could they possibly install an update that only changes certain parameters which could overwrite only part of your tune leaving us with either an unstable car or a potentially dangerous one?

If we order this tune, I would prefer to just send you my original ECU. I don't really want to buy a second one. If I install the tuned ECU and after a while I decide I don't like it can we just go into our dealer and pay them to reflash it stock or would we need to purchase a new ECU from them to get back to stock?

For those of us who have not done something like this before, will you be posting instructions for locating, removing and re-installing the ECU?

Lastly, is this tune ready for the DDCT or do you still have to do those tweaks for that?

You get one free retune if the dealer reflashes. My main question is if a saftey flash is put out for the car and it is needed to be reflashed, does that count against the one retune? I don't know what's controlled by it exactly, but say an airbag misfunction needs to be fixed (I count that as urgent), will you count that against us?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Also isnt the milage going to be different on the stock pcm after we send you our pcm to be flashed then when we get back the pcm we sent to you the milage will be off yes or does the ecu keep up with milage????. Also if we have probs with the flashed pcm and switch back to the stock pcm to go get warrenty probs done wont the milage be different on the stock pcm which will arise questions from the dealer.

Does the following info pertain to the ddct owners or are we still on the waiting list???

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes, tell the dealer to not install updates. Yes, they must honor the request. It will write the PCM all the way back to stock.

If you don't like it you can send it back to us and we will flash it back to stock free of charge. The dealer can flash it back to stock as well if need be.

I will be posting a how to pull the PCM from the car. It is very easy and only requires on tool to do so.

We are working on the DDCT tune, we should have all the details sorted on that before the end of the month.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a worm gear clamp snap on the hot side IC pipe, the hose blew clear off of it. Obviously no power, but strangely no CEL. Wouldn't you expect one?
Yes, but it would depend on how long you drove the car with the blown hose off. It normally takes two key cycles before it will record an under boost code.

·
Registered
558 Posts
@TorkMe - That sounds great! I'll be looking forward to trying the DDCT tune! Thanks for the answers!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You get one free retune if the dealer reflashes. My main question is if a saftey flash is put out for the car and it is needed to be reflashed, does that count against the one retune? I don't know what's controlled by it exactly, but say an airbag misfunction needs to be fixed (I count that as urgent), will you count that against us?
We will cross that road when we get there. I will honor a free reflash if there is a recall or safety issue, it will not count against the one time reflash. If the dealer flashes over the PCM and its not a recall or safety issue... its not included. There are separate controllers for the air bag and anti-lock brakes so there would be no reason to flash the PCM.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also isnt the milage going to be different on the stock pcm after we send you our pcm to be flashed then when we get back the pcm we sent to you the milage will be off yes or does the ecu keep up with milage????. Also if we have probs with the flashed pcm and switch back to the stock pcm to go get warrenty probs done wont the milage be different on the stock pcm which will arise questions from the dealer.

Does the following info pertain to the ddct owners or are we still on the waiting list???
We don't change the mileage on the PCM, so you will be good. The mileage will be off if you do that, but they have to verify that and its very difficult to verify mileage differences. The DDCT owners are still waiting.

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,441 Posts
We will cross that road when we get there. I will honor a free reflash if there is a recall or safety issue, it will not count against the one time reflash. If the dealer flashes over the PCM and its not a recall or safety issue... its not included. There are separate controllers for the air bag and anti-lock brakes so there would be no reason to flash the PCM.

Thanks,

John
Thank you for this clear up! Glad to hear this and makes it an even easier decision to get it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Has anyone else been contemplating on what to say to the dealer when you go in to get the PCM matched to your VIN? @starscream what do you think?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have the choppy running conditions when cold been fixed with this tune? It's starting to get cooler in the mornings here and the car is getting more and more choppy in the mornings until warmed up some.
We do not have the ability to tune cold start, that is federally mandated start up.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone else been contemplating on what to say to the dealer when you go in to get the PCM matched to your VIN? @starscream what do you think?
Tell them that you need a spare unit when the aliens attack, this way the EMP doesn't take out both PCM's.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm so ready for this tune and have the money for it. Unfortunately my turbo been acting up so I have to wait :(

1 - 20 of 87 Posts