Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently purchased a 2013 dodge dart sxt turbo and it has been having a issue with the trunk randomly opening, I did have some issues with my spare key fob which is broken and not working. Not sure if that would cause it because it's broken. I took it to the dealer for a recall on the gear shifter and had them also check the key fob at that time and they said it's too damaged to repair it. Ever since then I have had the trunk issue. Also my passenger seat belt warning started going off last night and the seat belt was engaged but it would not go off. Please help, I love my dart and also can not afford expensive electrical issues

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you go up to the search window at the top of the page and type in "trunk opening" you'll see a lot of threads about it. One will probably point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine did the same thing and was a faulty switch in the racetrack light. Was replaced twice under warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I recently purchased a 2013 dodge dart sxt turbo and it has been having a issue with the trunk randomly opening, I did have some issues with my spare key fob which is broken and not working. Not sure if that would cause it because it's broken. I took it to the dealer for a recall on the gear shifter and had them also check the key fob at that time and they said it's too damaged to repair it. Ever since then I have had the trunk issue. Also my passenger seat belt warning started going off last night and the seat belt was engaged but it would not go off. Please help, I love my dart and also can not afford expensive electrical issues
I had a similar issue with mine, it turned out to be my keys mashing against the buttons in my pocket. I had to form the habit of making sure the keys were resting against the back of my fob when I put the in my pocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar issue with mine, it turned out to be my keys mashing against the buttons in my pocket. I had to form the habit of making sure the keys were resting against the back of my fob when I put the in my pocket.
Yeah, the same thing with my key. It can be easily fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts