Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has this kit, do you have a link to a step by step on installing the CANbus kit? Neither of my lights turn on, and I've tried reversing the polarity of the ballast connector like the instructions suggest. I thought it could be my ground but I took one ballast to the battery and it still didn't work. I'm lost on what to do next, the fuse isn't blown but the lights aren't turning on. The only thing I noticed is that the connector from the stock light bulb into the new HID bulb is a very tight fit and won't go down all the way. I doubt it's not making a good connection, but nevertheless it's hard to push into place. Any other possibilities or even a step by step for this specific kit?

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
If anyone has this kit, do you have a link to a step by step on installing the CANbus kit? Neither of my lights turn on, and I've tried reversing the polarity of the ballast connector like the instructions suggest. I thought it could be my ground but I took one ballast to the battery and it still didn't work. I'm lost on what to do next, the fuse isn't blown but the lights aren't turning on. The only thing I noticed is that the connector from the stock light bulb into the new HID bulb is a very tight fit and won't go down all the way. I doubt it's not making a good connection, but nevertheless it's hard to push into place. Any other possibilities or even a step by step for this specific kit?
Hmmm... do you reverse polarity on BOTH connectors? Cause im pretty sure you only need to reverse one of them! Also, are you using the wiring harness? Cause I know that with my 2015 and the kit from Xenonsupply that I went with, the ballasts are CANbus compatible so they dont need the wiring harness to work! I know when I first got my kit that I wired in the harness to be safe, but the capacitor kept buzzing really bad and I kept getting "bulb out" warnings even tho they were both on.

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The kit actually only came with the bulb with the wiring obviously, and then the ballasts that are connected to the capacitors. So I wasn't using a harness. Also, if I did reverse both, wouldn't at least one bulb light up? I really think it's that one connector. I've installed kits before but never CANbus ones, It's confusing me. Seems so simple but I messed something up

@TurbolessTechnician, @Cntrollerfanboy has an excellent review/step by step for his install here: http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-lighting/37970-initial-review-unboxing-xenon-vision-hids.html. Full of pics and other goodies! Also, since I've tag him in this post, he'll more than likely post to assist as much as he can for you.
thanks a lot!

·
Registered
47 Posts
You did everything absolutely right. I think it is our 9005 connector to the darts connector. It has became a recent issue and I am working with 2 other members here already to figure it out. One of the clients used his 9005 bulb from another hid company he had laying around and it worked fine. He is currently running our ballasts with it and there is no error codes which is a good thing. I am going to send you another set of connectors which are shorter while the others are troubleshooting this weekend also. Whichever fix I can find from all other users I will gladly share and send the appropriate items to everyone to have it resolved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
  • You did everything absolutely right. I think it is our 9005 connector to the darts connector. It has became a recent issue and I am working with 2 other members here already to figure it out. One of the clients used his 9005 bulb from another hid company he had laying around and it worked fine. He is currently running our ballasts with it and there is no error codes which is a good thing. I am going to send you another set of connectors which are shorter while the others are troubleshooting this weekend also. Whichever fix I can find from all other users I will gladly share and send the appropriate items to everyone to have it resolved.
    I feel safer about buying your kit know because I also have to buy the 9005 kit for a 2016 dodge dart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts